Fitbit Surge jogging in place

Options
robinalexis
robinalexis Posts: 50 Member
Here's the problem, every time I run and use the GPS function, MFP records my data from Fitbit stating that I "burned 209 calories doing 26 minutes of cardio exercises including "Running (jogging) in place". I made absolutely sure that the GPS had a good signal, I was out side running. Strava captured the mile I ran. I contacted Fitbit, I followed all their suggestions, link, unlink, delete, re-install, all to no avail. Anyone else have any ideas?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    If the device itself doesn't see the increase in mileage - meaning it didn't see GPS there - you can skip syncing and reconnecting - that's not the issue.

How do you know GPS had good signal?

And MFP doesn't receive workouts from Fitbit - as in named workouts.

So you have something else going on entirely. Only thing MFP receives from Fitbit are daily calorie burn and step counts up to that point - no mileage or workout names.

You sure that didn't sync over from Strava somehow - what do you have Strava attached to.

So first, did the Surge show the distance semi-correct for the Activity Record created?
    Does your Fitbit account show an Activity Record that matches?
    Does your Fitbit account show a Workout Record that is different - that record would have been synced over from something.

What do you have as far as other accounts and synced to what?
  • runningrogue
    runningrogue Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am having this exact same issue. Did you ever find a solution?