83kg to 98kg and not happy

Options
Hi folks I'm Paul 36 from Glasgow. I used MFP back in 2012 - 2014 with good results. I have managed to gradually gain weight from over indulgence of lager and food. I quit smoking back in September last year and the weight has just piled on. I walk between 5 and 7 miles a day in my job as a healthcare support worker. All my weight is gathered around my expanding belly. So now is the time to stop using the elliptical trainer as somewhere to store clothes and get myself in to a better shape. Looking forward to hearing from you and reading your stories, cheers and your welcome to add me

Replies

• MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I was down to 83kg before christmas, Im now back up to around 90/91kg and struggling to get my head back in the game properly and i think the fact that my highest weight was 109+kg I keep thinking "well Im stll ALOT small than I was " is not helping, I should be thinking "i CAN get to my goal"
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    105kg to 90kg and back to 106kg by the end of last year.

Good news is we know how to get it done and we know we've done it before. Just got to swap the bad habits for the good.

Personally I've quit the drink until back in shape, restarted the running and reinstated the calorie tracking. As on this morning I'm at 98. 7 weeks until family holiday at the beach......there's motivation!!
  • MoveitlikeManda
    Options
    I totally know I can do it, and onced Im in the zone its easy really lol
    I just seem to be lacking the get up and go I need to get back at it.

starting tomorrow Im gonna DO IT and no excuses.

its my sons birthday at the end of the month so Im going with a little goal of being on point until then when I can have a day of "letting my hair down" (by this I mean having a few glasses of fizz and a bit of cake lol) and then back on it until the next family birthday in March
  • MoveitlikeManda
    Options
    p.s Im actually too scared to weigh in this friday, Im worried I will be back to my june 2016 start weight of 92.5kg (or over) which I guess is not as bad because I could have gone right back up which I refuse to ever let happen again
    but I worked really hard over last summer to get down to 83kg which is what I was at 21 before having kids and was so happy with how id done, so now worried Iv wasted all that effort etc and back to square one
  • HelenMaryEdwards38
    Options
    Hi my name is Helen and I am new to this community site though I have been with MFP for some time. I feel for us all. Jan 2015 I started a diet and went from 88kgs to 67 ( I don't work well in kgs) but from 13 stones 13 lbs to 10 stones 8 lbs. It took me until September to achieve. I was so thrilled with this especially as your hear so many people say as you get older it is much more difficult. It is if you are much less mobile but if you put less in than you use you will lose weight. I maintained through most of 2016 but last November and over Christmas I put on over a stone and although I have lost half a stone I am having real trouble persuading our, '*kitten* in the corner' to tell me the right numbers in the mornings. I am going to try cutting out bread this week to see if that will help. The real problem is not the numbers but the "snugness" of all my clothes, I hate that where you keep wriggling everything back in place!! We can do it.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hi Paul, I think most people have done the yoyo thing (myself included!). We all lose a load, declare we'll never be fat again and then in a fraction of the time it took to lose, there it is again!
    Probably the only thing that is different this time for me is I know what I do wrong now. It's not eating too much at dinner time or eating the wrong foods - I slip back into snacking (easy to clock up near 1000cals a day with a bar of chocolate while working, biscuits with the afternoon tea break, glass of wine and a packet of crisps in the evening...repeat most days of the week) and let the exercising slip so I'm hoping, now I've pinned down my demons, I can concentrate on dealing with them and the weight loss should follow.

I've dropped 8lb this month and I feel (probably for the first time) that what I'm doing to achieve weight loss is actually something I can do for life rather than just to reach an end goal so fingers crossed I don't forget how I got here and let it slide (again!).
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    It is very easy to think "job done" and regress. I see friends on here with 1,000+ consecutive days logging, I am proud of them and jealous in equal measures. We started off together, they have lost their weight and I am back almost where I started.

This is a lifestyle choice, change your lifestyle back to not logging and the chances are your body will change back too.
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My weight loss journey has been a roller coaster. I was with Tesco eDiets and got down to 13 stone from 16 stone. They closed their site down. I then joined MFP at around 14 stone. I did good when I had a personal trainer and got to 12.5 stones. That went pear shaped because he was married to my daughter and then left her. I left him and then moved to a different area. Within a couple of months my mum because sick and passed away (she was 95). Since then life has been one long struggle and I am back up to 14.5 stones and I have lost all control. However a couple of weeks ago I go myself another personal trainer and I met with a nutritionist. Both have helped and I am slowly finding my way back. I am using MFP and so far recording all my meals. It is very hard going. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    I am with all of you and know where you are coming from. I joined MFP in 2012 and lost 50lbs fairly quickly. I was very pleased with myself. Then came along holidays and Christmas's and at first I was good at getting off what I put on. Now, for the last three years I have not been getting weight back off after holidays and Christmas's. If it wasn't for those, I would be good at maintaining. Anyway, I managed to put 30lbs of my 50lbs lost, back on. I lost my way and couldn't get back to it. Over last Christmas the scales went up. In January, something clicked and I decided enough was enough. Since then I have lost 10lbs. I know it isn't a massive amount to lose, but it is a loss and I am still motivated and I am 66 years old so it is never going to be a quick job. I am only 5ft too so that makes it harder. But hey, I am here doing it. We know what we need to do, so lets do it.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    sjb74uk wrote: »
    105kg to 90kg and back to 106kg by the end of last year.

Good news is we know how to get it done and we know we've done it before. Just got to swap the bad habits for the good.

Personally I've quit the drink until back in shape, restarted the running and reinstated the calorie tracking. As on this morning I'm at 98. 7 weeks until family holiday at the beach......there's motivation!!

back to 90kg as of this morning (ok 90.8, but close enough) - Paul how are you getting one?