Fitbit One Loses Full Charge After 24 Hours

Options
serenity1097
serenity1097 Posts: 135 Member
Purchased new in package only a little over a year ago, worked fine up until a week or so ago. All of a sudden it's having syncing issues & won't hold a charge, fully charged in the morning & dead in the afternoon. Anyone else having similar problems or have suggestions?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    To keep a normal litium-ion battery from fully discharging, which is bad for it, there has to be some sensor readings and programming to turn device off before it reaches that point.

Just like phones and laptops and tablets - the battery can actually be going bad and losing that fast, or many times it's the sensor readings and the device is just turning off before it thinks it's about to go dead.
    Age of battery can also be a factor. New in packaging still doesn't mean it wasn't sitting in a hot warehouse or truck for way too long.

Sometimes that can be helped with a "hard" reset - and your model on Fitbit website says how to do it.

Other times it's a misreport from the battery.
    For some devices that means new battery, for some devices like the Fitbit, that means a new device.

Otherwise a call to support. The serial number will tell them when it was made - your purchase date will show how long it sat around. Sadly not in what conditions.
    They are known for good customer service and replacing things.
  • serenity1097
    Options
    Thank you, I will try giving Fitbit a call
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    My fitbit flex did that a few months ago. It had been fine and then started not holding a charge. I did an online chat with fitbit and they could tell by looking it up that it was not holding the charge. They sent me a replacement one in the mail within a week and told me to just recycle the old one.
  • daddybuzzkill
    daddybuzzkill Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my wife and I have been Fitbit users since they first came to market (she actually pre-ordered the original device) and we keep coming back because they have always had great customer service. Definitely contact them about this because sometimes flawed devices make it past QC.
  • serenity1097
    Options
    So, an update...I finally got around to contacting Fitbit. After chatting for a bit & finding out my unit is no longer under warrantee, they offered me a 25% discount. I told them I cannot afford to purchase anything new at this time and they somehow, miraculously (LOL) found that I am a long time customer and offered me a replacement unit at no cost B) Glad I checked into it, thanks for all of your help!!!