My steps won't sync with MFP

Options
JHS_NL
JHS_NL Posts: 4 Member
Hi, I have been using MFP for a while but the last few days my steps won't sync with MFP of it doesn't show them as an activity. Anybody else having this problem??

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Many topics with constant new posts suggest yes - many others having issues.
  • JHS_NL
    Options
    Ahh okeej, thnx. Was wondering if it was me. Sunday it worked perfectly. Than I'll wait until the problem is solved.
  • bikinigurl21
    bikinigurl21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got the fitbit icon to appear in the exercise screen this morning after following the detailed instructions from MFP. The only trouble is that I don't see the previous day step count. It was clear to me that it stopped working on March 11 which was my last fitbit step log. I hope the days between then and now will show up.
  • JHS_NL
    Options
    I got the fitbit icon to appear in the exercise screen this morning after following the detailed instructions from MFP. The only trouble is that I don't see the previous day step count. It was clear to me that it stopped working on March 11 which was my last fitbit step log. I hope the days between then and now will show up.

Where can I find those instructions??

• Agkathy
    Agkathy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Experiencing same thing , even disconnected and reconnected it still a no go what gives ?
  • JHS_NL
    Options
    Same here Agkathy, after reconect still nothing....
  • doortjeversestart
    doortjeversestart Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I purchased a fitbit this week and am just as disappointed as the next gal that my fitbit steps are not automatically transformed into exercise calories on myfitnesspal.

Just to shed some light on this, the connection between fitbit and mfp is probably working all right, since I see my food calories from mfp appear in fitbit, and i see my steps from fitbit appear in mfp, not as exercise but as a measurement entry. (go to check in, and then click edit previous entries, choose fitbit steps in dropdown and 'change'.)

37epxnrvp0tk.png

It is a known issue with MFP (see the help forum), so my guess is that they are currently working on the part of their system that will correctly create an exercise entry based on the fitbit steps received. In the mean time, no data get lost.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    No - there is no way to take steps as the only figure and come up with an exercise entry with calories.
    Were those steps easy or hard impacts, meaning short or long strides, meaning short or long distance, meaning small or large calorie burn?

No - they are having issues for some other reason to keep doing what they were already doing successfully for awhile.

Receive as a figure the daily calorie burn from Fitbit. That's all it was - that's all it needed to be.

Do math with that to adjust your eating level.
    To do that using their current system, that adjustment goes under exercise.

Now - perhaps what they are doing is something that should have been done in the first place to avoid the massive confusion they caused.

Get the adjustment OFF the Exercise diary page. Because the increased calorie burn doesn't even have to be exercise, may not be at all. Could be a little of that, a little increased daily activity.

But really, if done right from the start, it shouldn't be on that page.

Perhaps that is the improvement coming.

And the spaghetti code is making it difficult.

Or better, perhaps Fitbit is working with MFP API's that already exist to sync over the workouts that are on their end.

That was Fitbit's choice not to send the workouts over.
    Same as it was Garmins, Digifit, Polar, MMF, MMR, ect choice to send the workouts over.