Fitness Goals...

Options
kclewis416
kclewis416 Posts: 79 Member
I have a few fitness goals..

To be able to do a 5 min plank
To be able to do 1 pull up unassisted
To be able to do 5 push ups from my toes

Anyone else set goals that they would like to achieve?

Replies

• bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My fitness goals are as follows:
    Run a 5k, a 10k a 1/2 marathon full marathon within the next 1 to 2 years (first 5k in 2 weeks!)
    100 butterfly sit ups in a row
    learn to surf this summer
    I know there is more but I will post wen I can think of them.
  • CatLou76
    CatLou76 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    1100 meters in 5 minutes on the rower.
    Run a 10-minute mile.
  • winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to keep up with my BF in hikes
    I want to run 2 miles without walking
    and I really really want abs!
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @winejunky143 have you tried the c25k app for running? I couldn't do a mile Jan 1 and I can run 4 miles today. It worked for me!
  • kclewis416
    Options
    I have never ran before, but I have great admiration for those who do marathons.. I have though about walking 5k's before, but in Toronto we have this fundraiser where we climb the CN Tower which is 1,776 steps! I have always wanted to do it. Might one day be added to my fitness goals.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I need to start doing strength training again. Specific goals?

*Be able to do presses above my head with a 25 pound kettlebell (right now can only do this with the 20)

*Be able to do snatches with the 20 pound kettlebell (right now can only do this with the 15)

*Be able to do unassisted pull-ups (I have one of those Beachbody pull-up assist things and it is awesome but I'd like to wean myself off of it)

For specific weights in other exercises, it will kind of depend what I'm capable of. I haven't lifted for a long time. It was easier to rack up calories burned through cardio when I was losing. Now I am in maintenance.

I don't have any cardio goals because I can't run due to my knees and I figure if I can do a Focus T25 workout followed by an Insanity workout five days in a row, my cardiovascular fitness is all right. (Actually, from a purely cardio perspective, I'm in better shape at 39 than I ever have been before in my life. Now to catch up with the strength portion of things.)
  • kclewis416
    Options
    I loved doing the insanity workouts after I had my children. I should try and find them again and do them.. thanks for the reminder.
  • canadian_vegan
    canadian_vegan Posts: 46 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    to be able to do chaturanga properly, which means real pushups too ;)
  • kclewis416
    Options
    Lunges and Pushups are soooo hard for me.. good luck with that!
  • vnukinga
    vnukinga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The biggest goal would be to run a half marathon. ( I did 9 miles this past summer and enjoyed it but never went past that number)
    The second would be improve my push-ups endurance. My forearm strength is definitely lacking.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I've set two fitness goals for 2017:
    Run a half in 1:45 or faster
    Run 5km in under 23 minutes
    Ambitious for me, but doable.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I spin three times a week, in a class, and I'd love to get and keep my average watts over 100 and my total distance, over 10 miles per session.

So far I'm good on distance but not on watts, effort. It's very hard !!!