Fasting day check in anyone?

Options
06cindy
06cindy Posts: 81 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
Let's have a Fasting day check in! How are you doing?

Replies

• 06cindy
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Yesterday was a light day for me and the scale shows I am down a pound. I'm encouraged to keep this up! How is everyone else doing this week?
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,958 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    Today is my light day. Black coffee and green tea so far. :D
    How did your days go?
    Meghan
  • Kerdonkas
    Kerdonkas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My second fast day today and going well. I did 5:2 about two years ago and just want to lose a few pounds that have crept back on over winter and are very stubborn!
  • 06cindy
    Options
    Hi Kerdonkas! I'm on my 2nd fast day this week as well, and going to a lunch meeting where food is ordered in. Hopefully they will have salad! If not, I'll pick another day this week and try again. Have a great day everyone!
  • 06cindy
    Options
    Meghan509 wrote: »
    Hi guys!
    Today is my light day. Black coffee and green tea so far. :D
    How did your days go?
    Meghan

Glad it's going well! I'm happy because my work meeting didn't include lunch. So my light day is so far a success, and I am looking forward to a nice chicken dinner!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Oooh that's great Cindy! Yes, work meetings can be rough! Congrats on a good light day so far! Chicken dinner sounds yummy! We are having a lentil and pea soup that I made. We had it for Monday's light day and it was delish! The nice part it is low in calories so we have room for some fruit for dessert or BF will have some cottage cheese. :)

Hope your day is going well Kerdonkas! I hear you about weight creeping on. I was down lower on a different WOE. Then had surgery in May of 2015 and put on about 20. Slowly been taking some of those off and would like to take off more.

Today I had the girls at work that I typically eat lunch with, ask me if I wanted to join them at a restaurant for lunch. I said nope, sorry I will be eating my salad - enjoy! :) Phew. Trying to keep what I am doing on the quiet side for now. The gang here is very opinionated when it comes to "diets" and I just don't want to hear an ear full about this and that. Nobody's business. Anyone else deal with that? :(

By staying back, I was able to have my lunch a little later which will help keep me satisfied longer until dinner. Dinner time can be my tough time. Got to power through!

Have a good one!
  • 06cindy
    Options
    Meghan509 : I agree re:coworkers, and Great job sticking to your plans! It's always tricky when dealing with people/colleagues who may have something unsupportive to say about your WOE. Or they my not understand and just ask too many questions!
  • 06cindy
    Options
    Today is my fasting day...feeling hungry at the moment. :#
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hope yesterday went well Cindy! :#
  • 06cindy
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I survived my light day, and today am really enjoying eating full meals! I'm happy to also note, this morning I am a full pound lighter than his day last week!
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I tried 5:2 for a little while in the past, and I'm looking forward to trying it again starting this week. Tomorrow (Monday) will be my first fast day.
  • 06cindy
    Options
    Eahouston I hope you had a successful light day yesterday! Today is my light day, I'm busy at work so ts going by fairly quickly. I find that I enjoy light days because it's just less to think about- less to track and plan and it frees up some of my mental energy. It may not be true, but I feel like my brain actually moves a bit quicker when I'm hungry.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Welcome eahouston! Hope your first light day went well!

Congrats on your pound loss Cindy!!

I know what you mean about light days being enjoyable! I feel the same. Less to worry about. Sort of a cleansing. :)
  • angej2
    angej2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Today is my second fast day, hopefully it's as easy as my first!
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Monday was my first day this week, and today is my 2nd day for the week :) So far so good!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Welcome new posters! :smile: We are so glad you are here and things are going well!

Woo hoo!!
  • 06cindy
    Options
    It's my first light day of the week and it's been easy. I dont feel like eating my hand and it's 4:30-ish! Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Nice! Hope it went well Cindy. :smiley:
  • angej2
    angej2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Today is my second fast day for the week, I'm really not feeling it today. It's only 8am and I already want to quit. This is the first time I've felt like this, all my other fast days have been easy.
  • 06cindy
    Options
    angej2 wrote: »
    Today is my second fast day for the week, I'm really not feeling it today. It's only 8am and I already want to quit. This is the first time I've felt like this, all my other fast days have been easy.

Ange- Sometimes I'll drink a full water bottle then make a big plain coffee or tea and that helps to get rid of hunger cravings and kick start me into action, and it helps me focus on other things for a while. But in the end, if you need a day off, it is OK. Maybe today's not the day and tomorrow or the next will be easier. You got this!

I was jumping on today to say: I went to the gym and did Crossfit this morning, and it is a light day. So I'm trying to see how it goes - my first real work out on a light day. I ate some candy popcorn last night so I am sure I was still fueled for the workout from all the carbs.

If anyone else uses the powdered peanut butter - try it in coffee! Sounds odd..but its really delicious and pretty awesome. I use a splash of unsweet almond milk and a serving of powdered peanut butter. I'm getting about 6 grams protein and about 60 calories, and its low sugar but I don't know the grams offhand. Its a nice drink to sip on a light eating day.