Post your Goals!! Support and encouragement here...

Options
06cindy
06cindy Posts: 81 Member
My goal is to be below 130lbs by June 15, which is my 41st Birthday. I can see the 5:2 working after just 1 week and I'm excited to see if I can reach my goal. I have 4-7 pounds to lose (depending on the day!) What are your goals?? Post here for some support!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 40 pounds, which is 25% of my starting weight. 5:2 has worked for me fabulously in the past, but I didn't have my head worked out, so I gained back what I had lost. This time I am in a better place, and I am going to get it gone and keep it gone!
  • 06cindy
    Options
    My goal is to lose 40 pounds, which is 25% of my starting weight. 5:2 has worked for me fabulously in the past, but I didn't have my head worked out, so I gained back what I had lost. This time I am in a better place, and I am going to get it gone and keep it gone!

Great to meet you and happy to have this group! As they say at my gym, "Embrace the suck!"
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get back into the high 120s. I was there last year, but alas I got lazy. Depending on the day I have 16-18lbs left.
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Hi gang!
    Loving all the activity and posts in here lately! Been reading and catching up!
    I have a bunch of small goals. The first is to get to 199 for when we leave for vacation on Saturday, May 6. I have not been under the 200 mark in a while but I am well on my way. I am at 205ish now.
    After that it will be to hit 189, the number I weighed in at the day I had a surgery in May 2015. After that I started gaining. :( My lowest point had been 178 prior to that. After 189, my goal will be 178.
    Eventually my goal will probably be 140. Sorry for the long post!
    I am 5 foot 4 inches tall and in my mid 40's. My weight is pretty evenly distributed. When I am in the 170's I am a size 12, even can do a size 10.
    Would love to get down past that. We'll see how it goes!
  • Kerdonkas
    Kerdonkas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Also aiming to get back under 130 lb by the beginning of June and I have just over 8 lbs to go which may not sound much but they are very stubborn 8 lbs which decided to visit over Christmas and have stayed ever since! However, I also have some mini goals eg manage to do two proper fast days each week, reach 135 lbs (no time limit as scales are determined to stay stuck on 138.2 lbs for the past couple of weeks).
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good luck to everybody with their goals.
    Let's keep this post fresh and encourage others to join in. :)
  • 06cindy
    Options
    Kerdonkas - Hi! What you are going through sounds very similar to me. I've gained about 10 pounds that won't seem to budge. This is week 2 of 5:2 for me though, and I can feel my belly is tighter so even though the scale hasn't budged I am very hopeful. Good luck and keep up the good fight!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Everybody hang in there with the scale. Don't let it make you crazy! :(
    Most of this week, was an "up" week for me too.
    I went back to the gym. Started exercising again after a few months off. Got on the scale and it was up. Boo...
    Did two light days on Monday and Thursday and this AM I am back down to my lowest weight again.
    I think my issue might be TOM showing up a little earlier than planned, but we shall see. Hopefully when that is over, my weight will go a little lower again!
    Hang in there everybody. We got this! :D
  • MsDillieBar
    MsDillieBar Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My goal is to be around 165lbs (-40lbs) by the end of the year. I'm finding the weight harder to lose as I get older. :(

I've had success with fasting in the past so I'm working it in to my schedule again.
  • 06cindy
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My goal is to be around 165lbs (-40lbs) by the end of the year. I'm finding the weight harder to lose as I get older. :(

I've had success with fasting in the past so I'm working it in to my schedule again.

Weight loss is really hard as we age, I've had to re-adjust mentally because I don't just drop pounds like I could in my 30s. Because I'm losing much more slowly it's a grind, and hard to not see the scale change very much. Or in my case, I fluctuate in a 7 pound range. I've been on the 5:2 plan for 4 weeks and it is definitely working, and easier to just restrict calories twice a week then day after day after day....
    We're glad you're here and welcome!! I hope you find this to be a supportive group!!
  • katiekabootle
    katiekabootle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey hey~

I have struggled with What the Scale Says VS How I Look+Feel this past week as well. I stubbornly stuck to the diet and my fitness routine despite little to no change on the scale, and was finally rewarded at today's weigh-in. It stinks to think you're not "getting results" when you're working hard! Hearing others talk about this helps me not feel so frustrated. :) It is part of the weight-loss experience: The scale is a trickster, it can only tell you so much. I'm thinking about taking measurements to remind myself of the progress I am making.

On April 26th I set a mini-goal of losing 15lbs(+1) by June 26th. So far I have lost 5.3lbs (+1lb left over from my first mini-goal for 6.3lbs lost total). 9.7lbs to go before California and a bathing suit. B)
  • Elisabuffy19
    Elisabuffy19 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to this community. I am getting back into 5:2 after stopping for about 2 months and trying Whole 30. Whole 30 helped me tame some bad habits & start better ones but I still lose more weight when I do 5:2. The only annoying thing for me is logging & weighing everything. Do you guys do that on your non-fast days or only on fast days? I have 2 little kids and looking at my phone all the time to log gets old. Any suggestions? Thanks!!
  • 06cindy
    Options
    Welcome Elsabuffy! I log everything but mainly to track overall calories and make sure I'm getting enough protein. (Which lately haven't been, but at least I know it.) Welcome to the group!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Welcome Elisabuffy! What a cute little one you have in your photo. :blush:
    I do tend to log and weigh everything on non light days, but for me I have more to lose.
    So I tend to track calories pretty much all the time and only take Friday and Saturday nights "off-ish" if that makes sense.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    @Elisabuffy19 Welcome! I feel your pain on logging and having kids. I tend to either log all of my planned food for the day first thing in the morning, or log what I have had right after dinner. The barcode scanner is also my friend, as well as the recipe and meal creator. I tend to eat the same things over and over. I hope this helps!