Do you start and stop your exercise on the 15 minute mark?

Options
Christine_72
Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
Please tell me I'm not the only person who does this... I like my graph to show mostly green bars, so i always make sure that i start and stop my exercise in the 15 minute blocks of time so that it will ensure a green bar. For example, if it's 2:10pm, i wont start walking till the clock hits 2:15. Is this totally ocd'ish??

My husband just loves to stop me mid walk (i walk at home and do laps around the outside of our house, we have a huge yard with side gates on both sides of the house) and ask for help with this or that, or to start a conversation.. When this happens i don't usually get enough steps in that block and i end up with orange or yellow bars scattered all throughout my graph!

He mentioned before, that he could be lying there having a heart attack and i'd tell him to wait so i can finish my walk lol Which is total BS! All i ask of him is to just let me finish, and then i'll be happy to give him whatever he needs.

Does anyone else do this?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I'll do 5 min mark since I use the web view of the graph and it's in 5 min blocks.
    And since many of my workouts will be manually logged and replace calories - I figure even more important then.

Assure him you could easily call the medics while finishing off the 15 min, and probably be done by the time they arrive. :D
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    I'll do 5 min mark since I use the web view of the graph and it's in 5 min blocks.
    And since many of my workouts will be manually logged and replace calories - I figure even more important then.

Assure him you could easily call the medics while finishing off the 15 min, and probably be done by the time they arrive. :D

Hahaha i knew at least one of my fellow fitbitters would understand :tongue:

As for the graph, I'm talking about the one on the main dashboard. Screenshot below.d7xsgjfuue80.png

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ah, see (or so), I only use the Fitbit app on Win10 system for device syncing which does indeed go by 15 min blocks, I don't stick around besides glancing at total daily burn, I go straight to web account for logging an activity or viewing info, with 5 min blocks.

b3x9hedzbm46.png