Weekly Post 14.05.-20.05.2017

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Well...I'm whipped out...been 'on the road' since last Wednesday....

Had a lovely afternoon on Wednesday on my paddle board with my sis. It was beautiful weather and we were able to enjoy dinner on her newly built terrace too.

Then off to a three day course off site. Two of the three days were on solution oriented coaching techniques. The instructor was awesome and though the days were packed and I was tired at the end, this was one of the best courses I've ever been to. Will help me at work and in my personal life.

Will now try to coach myself through successful fast days :p They are very necessary and welcome...eating out most of the week, then birthday and mother's day festivities on Saturday and Sunday....The reading on the scale tomorrow morning ain't gonna be pretty. I did get more steps in though. 3h of paddling, 3x10000 steps in 5 days, so that's good.

My plan for the week is to fast Mo / Th for sure, might throw in Tu too. The weather is finally good enough to bike to work. Thus I'll add that in on Mo / Tu. Could add some exercise on Thursday too and I'm off for a long hike on Saturday.

What are you up to this week?

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi Flumi, so glad your course was successful for you... sounds like you got a great amount of exercise despite the workload so good for you!

I'm celebrating Mother's Day by staying away from my mother! Haha... well I don't want to give her my cold!!! My daughter worked the graveyard shift last night so she's sleeping... so we're all quiet today until she gets up around 2! I'm sipping on my new favorite drink.. hot water with garlic, cayenne, ginger & lemon!! I've already been for a very nice walk worth 7000 steps this morning!! I plan on a little gardening but nothing too strenuous. I suppose today isn't the best day to do a fast day but I'll enjoy my hot drinks until noon then have some eggs.

I'm having difficulty syncing my new polarloop2 (wrist thingy my husband got for free) with mfp.... I usually track my steps with mapmywalk and nothing is syncing. Last 2 weeks I've been trying different combinations of syncing but I like the way my exercise & steps worked without this new device!! Now I'm annoyed I can't get it back... I even tried deleting polar loop, turning phone off & on etc.. I've done over 7000 steps and MFP says I've earned 111 exercise cals which is wrong... according to the same walk I've done many times before I should have earned about 340 cals!! So, I am hoping to figure this out!

In the meantime... happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Sorry can't help with the syncing...I always log my exercise manually. Hope you get it sorted.
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,958 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I am back from lovely Playa del Carmen Mexico... We had a great week. While I was gone I celebrated my birthday. 45 years young. No shame here LOL. B)

I pretty much ate and drank and sat my butt on either on a beach or pool chair the whole time. Yes, since it was a bigger resort we did a decent amount of walking. At night before and after dinner BF and I would walk if we had the time and energy. One of our friends who was on the trip with us, is STILL recovering from foot surgery. I say STILL because it has been five months and we feel there is laziness and a little drama there, vs. a true foot issue. So a lot of times she'd want to wait for the golf carts to come to take them to and from places when we'd walk. Ugh...

I ate pretty decent, lots of fruits and veggies, salad every day for lunch, etc. So, the good news is my pants don't feel snug today! I am doing my first light day today and will weigh in tomorrow. Back to the gym tonight! Fingers crossed!

Hope all is good with you guys.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Welcome back Meghan, what a nice place to spend your bday! I haven't been to mexico in about 30 years, but I remember the fresh fruit being so delicious!!

I'm still baffled about my syncing issues. My one walk yesterday was for 7000 steps and it didn't register. And it didn't show up on that main page where it would normally say "Mama earned 340 cals by walking 5.6 k"...... you know...So I'm reading and reading..... hopefully I'll figure it out.

Today I'm starting with plain hot water but won't fast today, my daughter missed
    mother's day yesterday as she worked overtime 16.5 hrs Sat, home for 7 to sleep then worked another 12 hour shift!!! so she missed our dinner, and I know when she gets up today she'll want to have a 'dinner'. So tomorrow will be fd for sure! I actually think Tues & Thurs work best for me anyway.... and trying to get back to two per week also!!

Weather here is trying to warm up, but we are having rain all week apparently! I'm not wanting to garden anyway, so I'm ok with it!!!

Off to boil the kettle again.... how is your week people?? any non-scale victories out there besides Meghan's pants?? ;)
  • 06cindy
    06cindy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Today's my light day, and I'm hungry!! Lol. Looking forward to an afternoon snack and dinner! Have a great day everyone.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Welcome back Meghan!

Cindy hang in there!

Had a good fast and biked to work. Thus net cals at around 300! Copy pasting to tomorrow including the bike ride. B)
  • 06cindy
    Options
    Thanks! I realized I wasn't eating enough protein and so I made tuna salad and an egg for lunch, feeling much better and I think I will make it through the day now.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!
    Yes, Mexico was really nice. Sunny and 80-90 degrees F all week along. Not a drop of rain. The seafood was really yummy and so were the fruits and veggies. I ate a lot of those all week long!
    Hopped on the scale this morning, after yesterday's light day and am a little up. But, not freaking out. Last week was quite a bit of eating and drinking and next week is TOM! No big deal! It will come off. Going to make sure I drink a lot of water today. I definitely have not had enough lately.
    Yep, clothes still feel fine, which is nice. BF hopped on the scale this morning and he was the same number as when we had left. Men! LOL
    Light day went really well yesterday. Felt fine and not hungry which was kind of strange given all that I ate and drank last week! Hit the gym last night and all good there. We should be going each night this week. Typically take Fridays off.
    Today is a regular day for me, and tomorrow will be my second light day even though typically Thursdays are. We have a luncheon for work on Thursday that I need to account for. So I am changing things up this week. BF will keep the usual schedule of Monday and Thursday for his light days so we will have our first week of two of us doing two different things on two different nights. Just works better this way for us. Got to be flexible and adaptable!
    Have a good one and chat with you all soon!
    Meghan
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    It is only Tuesday and it has already been a long week. The last week of school... you can guess what the kids are like. HA! I keep ending up on field trips, so no fasting so far. I am thinking I might be able to do fasts tomorrow and Friday.
    It sounds like you had a great time, @Meghan509!
    I hope you made it, @06cindy!
    @mamainthekitchen, I hope you get your apps figured out.
    @flumi_f, sounds like you had a nice trip, good luck fasting!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    @KateNkognito thanks!
    And..... yes!!! I fixed it!! When in doubt, delete the app then re-install it!!!!!! Ugh!!
    I use mapmywalk for all my scheduled walks... I think when you use that program, it automatically downloads the others too... mapmyfitness etc . Whatever happened, it's back to working again so yahoo!
  • 06cindy
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! I just looked up and its 3pm and I've only eaten about 500 calories, and it is not a fasting day! Yay! So I'm treating myself to a handful of M&Ms and some cheddar popcorn. Whoo Hooo!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hey All!
    Hope everybody is good! M&M's yummy Cindy! Woo hoo is right!
    Yesterday I had changed things up and did a light day on a Wednesday. I have to say I liked it! Nice to get the two light days wrapped up by Wednesday night. All went well. I don't think my guy is going to want to move his second light days to Wednesdays going forward though. He said he likes Thursdays. LOL All good. Grateful for having him on my journey!
    Still up on the scale, but less. TOM is around the corner and probably have some vacation weight, so not sweating it.
    Today we have a luncheon for work. I chose the mixed greens and the salmon as my entree. Even though I really wanted the eggplant parm for my app and the pasta as my main. :smiley: I am making healthier choices where I can and trying to save the "fun" for the weekends. I am thinking there may be a glass of wine with lunch and a nibble or two of dessert - we shall see! In any case gym after work and a healthy dinner. Staying on track.
    Really want to get down to my next goal now that summer is just around the corner and bathing suit time is going to be here. :)
    Have a good one everybody - chat soon!
  • flumi_f
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Good job Meghan!

I biked to work 3 times this week corresponding to my 3 light days. Not perfekt fasts but betwwen 600-900cals whilst burning 300. Thus all is good. Hoping for a weigh in under 63kg tomorrow...that would be close to before vacation weight :)

Out to dinner tomorrow and a long hike on Saturday...looking forward to this weekend B)

Have a great Friday!
  • 06cindy
    Options
    Flumi that's great youre able to bike to work! Meghan Great job on the healthy salmon and salad, sounds yummy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hello all!
    Lunch went well yesterday. Stuck to my advance order of the salad and the salmon. It was all very tasty. I had some pieces of bread, a glass or two of white wine, half of the cheesecake and A LOT of water with lemon. All in all not too shabby. We had a nice time catching up with everybody.
    Only issue is something must not have agreed with me at lunch. Afterwards I had and still have an upset tummy. :( I still went to the gym last night and I am at work today. But meh... I have felt better.
    Oh well today is Friday. I brought my lunch in to work. The girls are going out and I will be eating my turkey sandwich in peace. Nice warm day here. Maybe I will sit outside and get some fresh air. Been sipping some mint tea and that is helping a little. Good thing is the office is quiet for the most part on Fridays, especially as the wamer months come.
    Sorry for my downer post!
    Hope everybody has a good one. I will check in later or over the weekend. Hope everybody has a great day and a nice weekend. I have a friend in Colorado who's been getting snow the last day or two!! Yikes!
    Chat soon.
    Meghan
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! Looks like you are doing pretty well!
    I, on the other hand, have had a seriously long week, but school is OUT gor the summer and my sanity is slowly coming back. I am going to fast today (never tried it on a Saturday before!) and take the doggie for a walk. Have a great day!