bharvikpurohit
bharvikpurohit Posts: 76 Member
Need some recipes

Replies

• kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I really love my version of veggie gyros! I grab naan bread and tzatziki from Trader Joes and fill the naan with romaine, cucumbers, red peppers, red onions, tomato, and feta cheese that has been mixed with the tzatziki. You could easily add other veggies and a protein...spinach, kale, tofu.
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    This is a HUGE hit at my house! I use regular spaghetti noodles because my kids are allergic to eggs. I double the veggies so it's 1/2 veg, 1/2 noodles. I bet you could easily use zoodles too!

damndelicious.net/2014/10/03/easy-lo-mein/
  • RDahling
    RDahling Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm currently living in Delhi and have a cook who makes wonderful vegetarian dishes; low sodium, high in nutrients and wonderfully spiced. As long as you're making it yourself, it is relatively easy (and delicious) to make. A few suggestions:

- Aloo Gobi (potatoes, cauliflower, green beans, onions, turmeric, cumin seeds, coriander, and red chili or cayenne pepper) - 1 serving = 245kcal
    - Subzi Dalcha (Potato, Split Peas, Green Beans, Carrots, Cauliflower, Eggplant, Garlic, dried Cilantro, Ginger Root, Cumin seed, Serrano Peppers, ground turmeric) - 1 serving = 114kcal
    - Saag Tofu (Water-packed firm tofu, canola oil, onion, garlic, freshly grated ginger, mustard seeds, baby spinach, low-fat or nonfat plain yogurt, curry powder, ground cumin) - 1 serving (1 1/4c) = 194kcal

You can find more here:

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/20993/cuisines-regions/indian/vegetarian/
  • luvluv1234
    luvluv1234 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I make zucchini noodles using zucchini and cooking spray. Then I make tofu ricotta which is mashed up tofu mixed with olive oil, spices and nutritional yeast. You can make it without the nutritional yeast if you don't have it.
    Then I spread the noodles out on the plate like pizza crust. I spread the tofu ricotta on top. Then I kind of drizzle mumani, which is like tomato paste, on top. But you could just put marinara sauce on instead.