The scale needs to go.

Options
A_Eastman
A_Eastman Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2017 in Social Groups
I am currently 153lbs two months ago I was only 158lbs I want to eventually get down to upper 130s but right now 145 would be great. I have lost inches here and there and I look and feel better than I did. I work out 6 days a week and eat healthy but the number goes nowhere. I'm 28 and have had 1 kiddo my heaviest was 175 I feel that I look a little better but this is taking forever to get results. My family has noticed a little change but how do I keep going when I am dragging myself through all this hard work and it doesn't feel like it's paying off. UGH!!! I just néed a little encouragement.

Replies

• nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I'm fighting the scale number too - the inches are lower but the number is the same. I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that smaller inches is more important than the scale number, but I think it's hard because my entire adult life has revolved around the scale. I know you'd love to lose 25 pounds a month, but weight loss isn't linear, it goes up and down and sideways for no apparent reason. Try to focus on the inches and not the scale, and focus on non-scale victories like a workout being easier, or lifting more, running faster/farther, completing the walk faster, ... You'e got this!
  • A_Eastman
    A_Eastman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you. It's crazy how the numbers can make your whole day worse. I was on such a high a week ago just from the inches being gone and I don't get on the scale often and when I did it was such a dis appointment. I even bought new workout shirts and bras and went down a whole size! It's gotta give eventually. I think I can make it in 2 years when I turn 30 and go to barbados. Thats the overall goal and to be an example for my little girl to teach her to love her body.
  • ajackofsometrades
    ajackofsometrades Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You need to be a process-driven, not results-driven. Obviously, you strive for results, but you attack everyday just like the last. Without a scale, you have nothing (or at least one less thing) to keep your nose to the grindstone. Scales are good. We shouldn't run from our realities. But by the same token, we shouldn't be upset by our realities.
  • dgfit2be
    dgfit2be Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are swapping muscle for fat - which is awesome! I know the lack of difference on the scale is frustrating - try and focus on the fact that you are losing inches which is great! All that muscle will help boost your metabolism over time and help keep the weight off long term. I can weigh the same yet vary up to 2 sizes depending on how much BF I have vs muscle -- much prefer more muscle!