Weekly Post 6/4 - 6/10/17

Options
KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,521 Member
Ok, I am back from the brink of hormonal insanity! This week promises to be much better than last week. I send my kids to my parents' house and I have time to get even more stuff done! I hope you all have a great week!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate and everybody,

I am starting this week with a fresh mind set. The number on the scale doesn't define me or the work I have done to get where I am. I am down around 20 pounds in the last few months and I am grateful for that. I was just looking for the next ten to move off so more clothes would fit, but need slow down and let the body do what it wants to do. Rome wasn't built in a day. :) The weight didn't come on overnight and it won't come off overnight. Patience.

Anyway, still going to mix a few things up with my eating. Focusing on some less starchy veggies for light day, and mix up breakfast and snacks on non-light days to see if that keeps the weight loss happening and from fluid retention ocurring.

Today is a light day. Had some coffee with cashew milk and a little sweetner so far. Now some water and a little green tea soon. Salad lunch will happen around 12:45-1pm. Gym after work tonight.

Hope everybody has a good one. I'll check in with you again soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday people! I'm heading to my garage for a weight session of about 40 mins, then out for a nice walk by the beach for 4K.... then back home to eat something protein laced & some fruit! It is a fast day today so I'm kicking it off in high gear! I'll check back later, who else is fasting today??

Hoping all the old timers are doing well! ;)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm fasting today too, I'm going to eat 300 calories...I've walked 40 minutes burning 120 calories and rebounded 20 minutes burning 60 calories so later I will walk another 40 minutes to take off the final 120 calories
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Sorry peops....we had another long weekend, which I spent pretty much everywhere except at home ;-)

Fasting tomorrow and Thursday....BBQ on Friday. I really need to make these fasts count. The BBQs and nights out are showing on the scale and the clothes. Haven't been very disciplined. Have been exercising alot though I usually ate up my exercise cals....at least I'm doing something for my heart, lungs and muscles ;-) Gotta look at the bright side.

Have a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hello all!

Tuesday is here. :) It is another rainy and cool day here but so far it is finally looking like warmer sunnier weather is coming our way. Reallyyyy hoping for a nice beach weekend. We bought new chairs, towels, and a beach umbrella LOL.

This weekend I finally put all my sweaters, turtle necks, and other wintery stuff away. I used space bags, that I found on Amazon and let me tell you they work great! You load them up and then use a vacuum cleaner to suck out the air and then store them. Not bad at all! Feels good to have that stuff put away and to do a little summer cleaning.

Light day went well yesterday. Got to the gym after work. Today I had some yogurt and a banana for breakfast after I got to work. Mixing up my typical non-light day breakfast and snacks to see if that helps move my weight loss along. Next light day is Thursday and next weigh in will be Friday AM.

Planning to hit the gym tonight after work. Have a good one! :smiley:
  • 06cindy
    06cindy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Meghan we use those space bags when traveling and get sooooo much stuff in a suitcase!

I'm fasting today but not really by choice. Just stuck in the middle of nowhere without food! Hoping to be back to civilization in a couple of hours.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Today was my feasting day :p After walking for 2 hours I had a deficit of 8 calories :smile:
  • Meghan509
    Options
    06cindy wrote: »
    Meghan we use those space bags when traveling and get sooooo much stuff in a suitcase!

I'm fasting today but not really by choice. Just stuck in the middle of nowhere without food! Hoping to be back to civilization in a couple of hours.

Hi Cindy! Yes, I saw they came with a little travel pump! That's awesome and what a great idea! So pleased with the ones I bought! I would consider getting smaller ones for travel.
    Hope you had a great trip and get back to normal food soon. LOL

Another regular day here for me. Everything went well. No complaints. I passed up a free Ben and Jerry's ice cream cone at the office yesterday. :o Light day tomorrow. No gym tomorrow. Hair appointment tomorrow night. I reallyyy need a hair cut and some fresh highlights.

Nice job Brenda! I find I am in a deficit as well, on most light days. I eat 500 and then go to the gym and hit the treadmill hard and burn 500!

Now let's see if the scale moves for me this week! Feeling determined!

See you guys soon. :)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Thanks Meghan, the scale should be dropping if you are having a deficit on your light days because that's minus all your BMR calories :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    My fast ended at 800 yesterday....a maintainance day today and a 50 min ride to work and back on my bike. Fasting tomorrow and also biking to work. Will try to stay around 500 tomorrow. Meals are planned...so just stick to it ;-)
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing really great! I splurged a little on wine last night while out for dinner, but all in all my choices were good.

It's another weight training day today, so I just enjoyed my shreddies with almond milk and I'm ready to go!!! Hot day weather wise here!! I'll take my dog to the shady park today, which isn't the best walk for me, but I'll do a beach walk later.... happy hump day!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Thanks Meghan, the scale should be dropping if you are having a deficit on your light days because that's minus all your BMR calories :)

Thank you Brenda!

I think that is another reason why I have been scratching my head regarding my scale results last Friday. Last week I had been going to the gym and doing similiar, following 5:2 well Monday / Thursday, and still watching my calories on my non-light days. Only treated myself to some yummy treats on the Saturday and Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. Last Friday I was UP on the scale. No TOM to blame. Boo!

This week - shaking things up and honestly just hoping for the best!

The sun is shining here on the east coast of the US - it is a beautiful thing! Been so much rain lately that I feel like a duck. LOL
    Happy Hump Day to you guys too! :D
  • KateNkognito
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Look at all y'all doin' so well!
    I need to get some new space bags, all of mine have holes.
    Here in the midwest summer has finally arrived! It is supposed to be HOT the rest of the week.
    I am going to fast today. All of my menfolk, except the pets, are out of my way, so I guess I will celebrate with air popped popcorn instead of pizza for my movie/makeover.
    Have a great day, all! Happy fasting!
    (Typing this all a FOURTH time. Stupid computers! )
  • Meghan509
    Options
    In the north east its sunny and 75 :):):)

That's where I am too, Brenda! I am in CT. Whereabout's are you, if you don't mind me asking? The sun finally came out yesterday afternoon and stayed, and it was awesome!! :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Thursday all!

Too funny Kate! Popcorn sounds yummy. :smiley:

Light day for me today. Double fisted with a water and a green tea! I find green tea is the easiest tea for me to drink without sugar. I still need to put sugar in my morning coffee. I can't drink it without. I use coconut palm sugar, which I love... Or if I need to watch my calories I'll use a half an Equal. Not as nice, in my opinion!

Not too much going on here. Weekend on the mind and it's only Thursday! :o
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Awesome Brenda!
    Nice to see another New Englander here. B)
    Can't wait for this weekend! Supposed to be in the 80's here along the CT coast. Woo hoo!! Beach weather.
    *doing a happy dance*

Hope everybody's having a great Thursday! I have been drinking my water today! :p
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Fast day went fabulously yesterday. Even when I had family drama that would have previously sent me running for the snack drawer, I turned it into determination to stick to it. :)
    Have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday to you all!

Congrats on a good Light day yesterday, Kate! Nothing like good ole determination!

My Light day went well yesterday. Did not go to the gym last night. Had a hair cut and highlights last night which was nice. Feeling blonder. B)

Happy to report that when I hopped on the scale this morning for my weekly weigh in, I was down 1.2 pounds! So the 3+ that I was up last Friday came off, plus a little more. Phew...

Hopefully back on track now and feeling good. My goal for the weekend is to stick to keeping an eye on my calories for breakfasts and lunches and maybe have a little something for dinner if it makes sense (Friday and Saturday). Sundays are no big deal. During the week I find sticking to a healthy lifestyle easier, it is the weekends that I have always found it harder.

Have a good one. Check in with you guys soon. :)