Check-in: How's Step It Up Going?

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
Hi Everyone!

For those of you who are participating in our Step It Up challenge this week, how is it going for you so far?

--Denise

Replies

• themedalist
    Options
    I walked 7800 steps yesterday and 8500 steps today (mostly through the rain!). Since I'm in the queue for hip replacement surgery this summer, this is a good level of activity for me right now.
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    ^ Great job staying active even as you gear up for hip replacement surgery! I'm in all-day training every day this week, and I had activities yesterday and Monday night, so I've been working hard to walk a lot in the morning, on my (shortened) lunch break, and every spare minute I can. I'm definitely sitting down more this week than I usually do!

Tonight, I should be getting home at the regular time (fingers crossed), so I'm going to do some walking and/or a workout this evening. Looking forward to staying active in the evening and also to going to bed on time. :)
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    7346 steps yesterday so I'm under but considering it rained most the entire day...I'll take it. Today its not raining and hopefully it will not. Well I'm off to PT, my knee is feeling much better today too.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,904 Member
    Options
    I've been doing pretty well getting my steps in - over 11,000 on Monday and 13,000 yesterday. Today will be tough since I'm sitting at a desk for 9 hours (but the trip to the restroom gets so long on such days). :smiley: So far I've got over 6,000. The weather here is absolutely glorious - sunny but not too hot. :)

@themedalist , you are amazing! I'm pretty sure each of those steps is painful, but you still challenge yourself.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have the grandchildren here most of this week and then this weekend my son and his wife are driving in.

The children keep me hopping :) They are so much fun and make me laugh a lot <3 When they are playing a quiet game together I'm busy catching up hanging out laundry on the line etc. So it has been an active week so far, without my even trying.
    I have had so little time on the computer that I haven't had much of a chance to disobey the timer because there is so much else to do that I don't have time to chase rabits down the bunny trail :) And being with them is more fun than trying to fix up the computer :) I think that next week will be my test if I can obey the timer :laugh:

Having this challenge does make me more aware, and that is a good thing.

:flowerforyou:
  • Ming1951
    Options
    everyone is doing well I see I finally hit 10,000 steps yesterday. Now to keep it up. Having some foot problems now on top of everything.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Ming1951 wrote: »
    everyone is doing well I see I finally hit 10,000 steps yesterday. Now to keep it up. Having some foot problems now on top of everything.

Good job hitting your step goal @Ming1951 and I hope your foot recovers soon.
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    This week was actually a planned rest week for me. I've been seriously cal counting and pushing physical activity since mid-March.

But, to keep active, I simply switched out my hard strength plus cardio program out for some dance and yoga. And while I'm calorie logging, I've been having more calories this week. I'm finding it refreshing to have a break from a larger cal deficit and intense exercise.

So , not a step up week for me- more of a step sideways!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    This week of the Step It Up Challenge was successful in that for the few times that I had the opportunity to use the computer I was diligent more often than not to stop when the timer flashed, and get up to complete a small task that required walking such as putting laundry away. This is a big step for me to have actually have done this.

On the other hand, one evening when all was quiet I completely forgot to reset the timer, and I was definitely on much longer than I should have been before even realizing that I had forgotten all about the timer. Evenings are my hardest time as I get distracted more easily, and I am already tired and just want to sit a while. It is the same for me if I start watching TV or reading later in the evening.

I was proud of myself that late one evening this weekend when my computer wiz eldest son (who drove in for a visit with his wife) offered to help me to start working on the computer. I declined knowing that we both would stay awake super late to work on it and we would end up cranky and exhausted. I know because we have done that other times.

Even though I had hardly spent much time on the computer this week because our grandchildren were here for most of the week and my son and his wife came in for the weekend, it has been a start of more awareness of how easy it is for me to become distracted and sit, especially at the computer too long. I plan to continue to focus on being aware of time spent on the computer and to remember to use the timer on my browser to keep me aware of the need to get up intermittently.

Thank you for this challenge!

:flowerforyou:

• Ming1951
    Options
    whew yesterday I had pt and I hit 12,359 steps yesterday. Boy was I ever sore last night. Heel still troubling but as I force myself to walk on it it loosens up. I will take today off to rest. And to those who like to sit later in the day, thats me too I do most of my movement in the am , then about 6 the evening walk of 1 mile then I'm through.