2.7 - 8.7.2017

Options
2»

Replies

• flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    First fast of the week done and a success!! I wasn't able to fast earlier due to leaving town for the 4th. I had a ballet class that kicked my a#*, but boy, did I love it. All of you have me reenergized to track. Thanks especially to Mama, who is in a similar space as myself. I'm planning on making one of my 2 go-to soups that helped me stay on track when I was losing. Gazpacho is on my list because it's 1000degrees here in central California. In the fall/winter, I make broccoli cauliflower soup, which is basically boiled broccoli and cauliflower in veg broth, then puréed with seasonings. Super low fat and filling.
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Just a quick check in for now. Project at work has kicked in and I am a little busy. Planning to be back later.
    Down a half a pound which is a little disappointing but it is better than no loss. My weight loss has slowed down lately which is a little bit of a bummer, going to see what I can do to shake things up for next week and beyond. Still have a ways to go with my journey. Sigh...
    Nice to see some new faces joining us in here! :smiley:

Hi Mama! Yes, I use Ken's Light Northern Italian Dressing which clocks in at 45 calories per serving. We love it! There is also a Cardini's Light Greek that we use with a similar calorie count. Yummy as well!
    Typical light day salad for us: half a bag of butter lettuce and radiccio blend from Trader Joe's, shredded carrotts, cherry tomatoes, garbonzo beans, small Persian cucumber, and the Italian dressing. For a Greek salad sub Light Feta Cheese for the garbonzo beans and use the Greek dressing and add some calamata olives. We have a veggie burger and a pile of veggies for dinner and there you have a light day! Add some coffee and stuff for "breakfast", lots of water and green tea and some cottage cheese or a cheese stick or etc. for BF since he gets some more calories than me and done. We tend to keep it pretty simple since it has been working.
    I think I need to tweak a few things on my non light days to keep me losing.
    That's all I can swing for now. Back to work. Chat soon! :)
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Fd has gone fairly well so far but I am out for a meal with 9 friends, so it is going to go square shaped soon. I will try to keep it in check, but it is a restaurant that I love as you never know what will be on the menu. The Chef goes to the market first thing and gets what is best on the day, That is what he serves. It works as there is about a 4 week waiting list for a booking.
    Keep up the good work everyone.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Woohoo everyone sounds like they're doing so well congrats to you all! Flossy.... :* that jumpstart we both needed has finally kicked in, like you said long ago... maybe we needed to have a slump just to regain a goal..? I believe that is true for many of us, I just never thought about it that way. I feel a change in the air, that feeling of more control because I have to, because if I don't I'll wind up looking and feeling like I did in 2014!!

Thanks Meghan, great idea on adding garbanzo beans to a salad!! I'm trying that. I like feta in a garden salad and in fact that's what I ended up having last night instead of my coleslaw (store was out!) I successfully ended the day @626 cals which I'm happy about considering my exercise cals were 525! I'm going to try marmitegeoff's and Karendisneyfan's thing this week and do a b2b. So today I've had thin rice cakes with peanut butter and sliced banana with glass of almond milk, now I'm working out then 2 walks!! Dinner will hopefully be my coleslaw salad!!!

Cheers to everyone, let's keep up this pace! Oh, and Geoff, enjoy your meal out at that restaurant!! Sounds like a fantastic place!

Flumi... hope you are enjoying paddling somewhere beautiful....

Woo.. I'm wordy lately! Sorry!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Today has been a good day except it has gotten HOT! I am really glad everyone is doing well, lately. It has inspired me to get back on track. I am going to fast tomorrow, so we will see how the weigh in goes on Sunday. Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Yesterday ended up not a true fast day, but I did not have wine or candy and cals for the day ended at 1100... so I'm taking that as pretty good after a good fast on Thursday! Having a normal eating day today... so pumped for next week!!! Have a great weekend everyone... it was great hearing from you all! B)
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    oh hey~ this is for my vegan friends :) you know who you are....

I'm not vegan, but love this recipe site....

https://www.pickuplimes.com/recipe-index-list
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Third fast for the week, today. I came in closer to 600 than 400, but I am still going to call it a success. Our air conditioner quit yesterday... just in time for a massive heat wave. Hopefully someone can get here on Monday. Good news is I will be sweating away the pounds! LOL
    Great job @mamainthekitchen!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    A quick Saturday night check in!
    Sounds like everybody is plugging along and doing well!
    Today we went to the gym and before we knew it we had not eaten breakfast or lunch. So we went for an early dinner to one of our favorite pizza places. Yummy!
    Mama, glad you liked the garbanzo bean idea - they are our go to for salads! This week we are doing Greek again for light day lunch. Picked up the Feta today.
    Chat with you all soon!
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Mama, thanks for the link!!! I'm always looking for new, vegan recipes and I haven't seen that website before. I'll definitely check it out!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Yup.. knew you'd love it Flossy ;) ... she actually has a YouTube channel too! My daughter found her and liked the lunch box ideas!

I've had a very lazy day today, just one walk with the dog... it's so hot my feet feel swollen so I'm taking the day off. We've also had a bike tour in our city so all our roads are blocked off for most of the day, so I can't drive anywhere...

Cooking a beauty of a salmon for dinner tonight.... thanks to my lovely neighbour who went fishing!!! A few veggies will be grilled up too and I'll have some wine tonight but no wine the rest of the week! Have a great evening people!