Weekly Post 9.7- 15.7.2017

Options
KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,520 Member
Guess who lost all of the gain from the week before plus a little bit more? Me! Woo hoo!
I ended up basically doing alternate day fasts. May or may not keep that up, but it was enough to get me turned around.
I hope you all have a great week and happy fasting!

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Awesome Kate!!!!!!! Great determination there!! o:)
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,958 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    Been trying to check in all day morning, but just haven't had the time! But I am pleased to say that my work project is pretty much DONE!
    Today is a Light Day and since I have been so busy, that is going very well. LOL No time to feel any hunger. :p Planning to get to the gym after work tonight. Tomorrow I have a work dinner, so no healthy dinner at home for me and no workout. :( Oh well. Do what you got to to...
    Hope everybody had a great weekend. Congrats on your loss, Kate! Way to go!
    We helped ourselves to pizza and Chinese Food this weekend so I need to be good about getting my water in the next few days. It was time to shock the system. Things have been slow lately but my clothes do feel consistently looser which is nice. We have been getting to the gym regularly which is good. I have been keeping my calories at around 1200 on non light days and I sometimes I wonder if that is too low, along with the exercise. I don't eat those calories back. Not sure. Guess it is trial and error.
    Going to grab another green tea and try and get some more stuff done here.
    Hope everybody is having a great day!
    Chat with you all soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Morning, everyone! Monday fast was pretty easy, it is just too hot to eat. BUT, we got our air conditioner fixed! I hope you are all doing well this week. I get to go in to the doctor today (routine maintenance) and get weighed. Think skinny thoughts for me! Have a great day!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!
    Glad the fast went well Kate. Congrats on getting the air conditioning fixed. Phew! Good luck at the Dr!
    My fast went well too. Lately I am finding if I add a simple little snack of fruit in the late afternoon, it makes a big difference. Helps me get through the rest of the night with little to no hunger before and after dinner.
    I have always been one who likes big dinners (to a fault).... So I would twitch at the thought of not having dinner at all. Not my thing. :o The joy of 5:2. Everybody can do what works for them!
    Tonight is our work dinner. I am planning on not going too overboard. I will pick the swordfish as my entree. Even though I will say it is not my favorite fish it is what I will go with since I am not a huge fan of the other items my boss picked for the menu. I would take a nice Chilean Sea Bass or a nice piece of Salmon, Sole, etc. or any shell fish any day... All good. It is an Italian place, so they will probably do it nice. :)
    Chat with you all soon!
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Fast days planned for today and Friday. I'm looking forward to not being preoccupied with food today. Lately, I get so hungry in the morning, only to feel really full after I eat. It's uncomfortable, especially with temps of 107 outside. It's so oppressive. We leave for Utah ext week for vacation...looking forward to a break!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hello All!

Hope everybody is having a good week so far.

Yesterday was good. I ate regularly for breakfast and lunch. For dinner I went out for a work event. I kept it pretty low key. I went with the swordfish as originally planned. It was actually quite good! They served it with lemon and capers and it was very juicy. There was a salad for the first course as well as a small serving of pasta. I skipped the bread (which was not easy) LOL. I had a few bites of the carrot cake for dessert. I am not a big fan of frosting, so I ate around that. I had two glasses of white wine. All and all not too bad. The thing I missed the most was not going to the gym after work. *sigh* Back there tonight.
    Regular healthy dinner scheduled for tonight after the gym, and then a light day is on tap for tomorrow.

Flossyruby1, a Utah vacation sounds lovely! Enjoy. I have not been there, but I have heard good things. :)

Chat with you soon! Hope you all are well!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged very well the last few days, but I've sure been pretty good about what I've been eating. Have had tons of leftover salmon from my big dinner on Sunday! I've worked out and done a great walk by the beach and still had only had water and feel great! Time to take the dog out but just may have a yogurt.... happy hump day!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    That salmon sounds awesome Mama! Hope you are enjoying it! Have heard yummy things about fresh west coast salmon. Drooling... :p
    Yesterday's regular day went well for me. Back on track from my work dinner out on Tuesday night. Got to the gym as planned and ate a healthy dinner last night.
    The weather is hot and humid here. Happy to be in A/C today!! Don't think I will be venturing outside at lunch time today.
    Today is a light day. Going to really try and focus on water intake today. I have found that the light days are much easier now that I have been doing them for a while.
    BF and I are using newer treadmills at the gym. They don't give us as much of a calorie burn, but honestly I don't think that matters - need to take all those readings with a grain of salt. What I like about these machines is they are pretty much brand new and they tell you your heart rate. They run very smooth too. Not clunky and loud like some of the older treadmills as well...
    Speaking of BF I told him about our little group and I am hoping that he checks in at some point. We shall see. :)
    Chat with you guys soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hey, y'all! I have to go back to the doctor for a 5 minute follow up in 3 weeks. I am shooting for a five pound loss (on top of the 5 I have already lost). Then, two weeks later, is the first day of school. I would love to have hit at least 10 pounds down by then. And my birthday is in October. If I could hit 20 by then, I would be over the moon!
    I hope everyone is having a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hey Kate!
    Cool. Those are great goals and totally obtainable!
    My short term goal is to lose around 15 pounds. Things have been so slow lately. Sigh... But if I look at the calendar and try for a pound a week it would bring me to mid October. Hmmm... Fifteen pounds down would put me at my lowest weight that I was at in summer of 2014. Before my surgery in May of 2015 and before I started gaining. :(
    One pound at a time! We can do it!
    Having my afternoon watermelon. Tastes like candy. :D
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!
    I am happy this AM. Managed to lose 1.8 pounds this week!
    Funny how I had that work dinner on Tuesday night where I ate and drank more than expected. Which leads me to believe that I am not eating enough on my non-light days... Had a chat about that last night with my guy. As you know, we are doing this together and we have both been experiencing sluggish weight loss lately. I think it is due to the fact that we are not eating enough. That's my two cents. :)
    Hope everybody is good. The weather has been humid here and pretty rainy but the weekend is supposed to be nice. Phew. Need my beach days or I get cranky. LOL
    Check in again with you all soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Congratulations on the loss! I would agree that you may not be eating enough, especially with all the exercise you do. Just my two cents.
    The heat has broken today. Ahh! Fasting today and I might try my first b2b tomorrow. Even if I don't make it, I would still have a low day. :smile:
    I hope everyone is having a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Thank you Kate!
    Yep, I think that is what it is too. Got to eat to lose!
    My guy has also been keeping his calories low on non light days, i.e., not having the serving of pretzels with his lunch, or a serving of cottage cheese as a snack, etc. and his loss has slowed too. Funny how the body can work. :o
    Our heat has broken too! Rainy and less humid. Actually wearing a sweatshirt today vs. boiling yesterday!!
    Good luck with your fast!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!
    Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!
    Turned out to be a decent day here. Got to the gym and got the grocery shopping done. Now going to spend the evening with friends. Tomorrow beach.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today ended up not being another fast. Oh, well. Hopefully, tomorrow will still be a loss.
    I happened to be on my computer and needed to log something, so I was poking around the MFP website. I looked at my total calories for the last 90 days and noticed a pattern. Although I am staying under my weekly allotment of calories, I am going over on quite a few NFDs. Just 2-3 days a week by 200-300 calories, but over 3 months, it adds up. And, I have also been a bit over on fast days as well. All of this would add up to several more pounds lost. So, lesson learned, tighten up the reins and the pounds should come off a bit more easily.