Fasting for spiritual reasons and Healthy Eating

Options
New to community ...Grandmother trying to figure out the best way to fast for spiritual reasons and eat healthy! Now I am fasting on liquids during day and one reasonable meal for dinner...mostly salads! I feel much better, but wondering if other ways? Have a blessed day!

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Welcome..... fasting is good either way! I do it for pure vanity sake and lost 7 inches off my waist! Now, it's mostly for maintenance. I do feel more "in tune" with myself when I am a lighter weight and prefer to exercise on a fasted tummy. Good luck to you! Don't forget to enjoy regular calorie days... :)
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Years before 5:2 was even an idea, I noticed that after a religious fast, I felt better. My husband also used to comment on how good he would feel for the first couple of days after being sick when he still wasn't eating much. That is why when I heard of 5:2 it made sense.
    I don't think there are any two people in this group that fast the same way. That is the beauty of it. Whatever works for you and makes you feel good and have success is the best way to do it. Good luck and happy fasting!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!
    I agree with Mama and Kate - the beauty of 5:2 and fasting is you can do what works best for you. Work it in to your schedule and lifestyle. Plan how you want to "spend" your calories throughout the day at what meals you want. No right or wrong way.
    I really enjoy 5:2 a lot. My BF and I are doing this together. He has lost over 40 pounds since the end of March and I am down between 25-30. We both feel awesome. Now that we have been doing two light days a week for a while, it has become second nature. I don't dread light days at all, in fact I look forward to them as a good re-set or a cleansing.
    Good luck! :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    My husband also used to comment on how good he would feel for the first couple of days after being sick when he still wasn't eating much.

YES! ^^^ I used to joke that all I needed was a good flu!!!