Weekly Post 23.7- 29.7.2017

Options
KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,521 Member
I had to get up early today to drop one of the kiddos off at grandma's house, so I forgot to weigh in this morning. Last week was not good. This week will be better! I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Just a quick check in for now!
    We went to the gym earlier and then showered and went out for lunch at a favorite Indian restaurant. Still full! Probably not going to have dinner. LOL
    Yesterday was nice so we were able to hit the beach. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
    Chat soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody,
    Hope you are all doing well!
    It is a rainy and humid Monday here. Not too much going on. Light Day today. Going to have my salad around mid day. Doing another week of IF and 5:2 since that seemed to work very well last week. I really don't feel hungry in the mornings and I think it is important to listen to your body and eat when hungry, not when you are "supposed to".
    Have a good one and I will check in again soon.
    Meghan
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Good morrrrrning! It's a gorgeous day out today and we're scheduled to be back at the higher temps this whole week after a cloudy humid weekend... last night was sooo breezy we were forced to take down our umbrella! I'm hoping those high winds did not spread those wild fires in the interior of my province any further! There were 37000 people evacuated for many towns!! I'm happy to live on the coast!

Well over the weekend I was feeling so darn proud of how well I did last week, a good fast day, a second very low day, no alcohol, no candy except for last Monday.... and on sat we had a BBQ with friends and last night out to restaurant with the whole fam, good choices made each night, so.... this morning I thought I'd measure my waist since I haven't since July 1st (32") and this morning I'm still 32" !!!! A bit bummed by that! Well, actually now I'm reminding myself that weight comes off other areas as well, like my face or arms etc... so I'll be mindful today and fast tomorrow and hope for a better measurement august 1st!!

Keep at it people!!! Keep at it!
  • Navysweetness
    Navysweetness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 1 of 5:2 IF for me and so far so good I think! Just had lunch under 420 cals and I'll have dinner around 5pm probably only a couple hundred cals...lunch is my main meal of the day. Black coffee and water to get me througb the rest of the day...we'll see! Happy Monday ya'll!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Navysweetness Welcome to our group! And good luck with your first fast!
    @mamainthekitchen Great job, last week! Sometimes waist size is affected by hormones. Hopefully you will be way down on August first!
    @Meghan509 Keep up the good work!
    Today's weigh in was as bad as I expected. I am going to try for three fasts this week. Plus, I am pretty sure a portion of my gain is water retention from all the heat lately. It is supposed to cool off at the end of the week. Today's fast is good so far, I resisted the urge to buy all thfood at the store and has a nice salad for lunch. Dinner will probably be chicken and maybe some rice in broth soup. Have a great day, y'all!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Two things:
    First, husband just said, "Mexican food?" And I said, "Of course!" So fast day is out the window, but it will still be a pretty low day and I will just go again tomorrow.
    Second, am I the only one that is getting super tired of the never-even-been-an-ounce-over-weight, twenty-somethings writing weight loss blogs for MFP? Super annoying.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody!

Nice to pop in and see a lively group here!! Thanks for the kudos on my loss recently. Much appreciated!

I have to say now that I am down to my weight from May of 2015 I am feeling the difference in all my clothes. Wore a pair of pants yesterday that used to be snug and in the back of my closet, and they felt great! More people are noticing my loss which is cool. I am down 29 pounds now. Hoping to keep that rollin'! B) I had to buy some new bras this weekend. Down a cup size there and some inches around the band too which is cool. I had measured myself back in April for a strapless bra but I had passed on it, so I remember my size. Funny how it always comes off there. LOL

Light Day went well for the most part yesterday, though I have to say I was feeling pretty draggy by dinner time since we had skipped dinner on Sunday. We had a way to big lunch out on Sunday and REALLY full. I paid the price yesterday. I didn't have that extra umph of a nice dinner to get me through my fast yesterday. By the time we got to the gym at 6pm I actually felt a little sick and hungry. Never happens. :( I stuck it out. Got on the treadmill and wasn't going at a high incline like I usually do. After a few minutes it had passed and I felt better. Phew. By the time we got home I quickly got dinner ready and was fine. Now watching the clock until noon when my eating window opens! I got this!! LOL

Hoping the heat simmers down a little Kate. We are experience coolness and overcast here. Wearing a sweater and long pants again today. Darn office A/C. LOL Tomorrow should be nice.
    Mama, I bet you are losing inches elsewhere! You are doing well even by being the same!
    Welcome Navysweetness! Good luck with your fast!

Chat with you guys soon. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Two things:
    First, husband just said, "Mexican food?" And I said, "Of course!" So fast day is out the window, but it will still be a pretty low day and I will just go again tomorrow.
    Second, am I the only one that is getting super tired of the never-even-been-an-ounce-over-weight, twenty-somethings writing weight loss blogs for MFP? Super annoying.

Forgot to say LOL Kate! Can relate to both. :smiley:
  • ama20172016
    ama20172016 Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    i have been reading on how to get started on this way of life.i tried 3 days and lost tons of weight but sometimes i just feel so hungry for the whole week and cannot fast.i am looking for friends here to motivate me and to know how to cope with this way of life.i have 20 pounds to lose and will be thrilled to be there by christmas.any tips are welcome.i am a wife and mother of 2 kids
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi @ama20172016 Welcome and tell us about yourself. :)
    We are glad you joined us. If you can, I would start out doing 5:2 two days a week, so drop down to 500 calories two days a week. I tend to like Mondays and Thursdays for my Light Days. Then you can eat normally (just don't over do it) for the rest of the week. I count calories on days I am not fasting as it helps me stay accountable and losing. But, I also have more weight to lose than you do.
    Pick the best type of calories that give you a good "bang for your buck" on your Light Days. So try and pick foods that give you have a lower Glycemic Index, as they will make you feel full for longer and more satisfied. I tend to not be a big breakfast person, so I start with a salad for lunch at noon, a snack of fruit in the afternoon, then some lean protein or a veggie burger with veggies for dinner. Lots of water and Green Tea through out the day. I am down close to 30 pounds since I started in late March.

Below is a good link about carbs and the Glycemic Index.

Not much happening here today. Just a regular day for me. Second Light Day of the week will be tomorrow. Hope everybody is enjoying their week. The sun is shining here today. Hoping to eat lunch outside!

Check in with you again soon.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/a-good-guide-to-good-carbs-the-glycemic-index
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good Morning everybody.
    Got quiet here this week. Hope you all are having a nice one.
    Having a Light Day today. Feeling pretty good.
    Was supposed to take tomorrow off and go to a concert tomorrow night but that got cancelled. Weather is supposed to be iffy tomorrow too. Going to take Monday off instead. Weather is supposed to be nice and sunny Sunday and Monday. Saturday not so much. Planning to hit the beach. :)
    Hope all is well. Chat with you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been busy last several days socializing & had a couple of dinners out and lunches out too!! Enjoyed a delicious crispy chicken taco at one restaurant... not sure of the cals so I just had yogurt for dinner :p but yesterday I had a good fast day! Came in a just under 600 cals so I'll take it! Today is overcast but they're calling for higher heat on the weekend... should be harder to walk but I'll try to get going earlier than I usually do.

Meghan your glycemic list was interesting but I was so disappointed to read that rice cakes were on the high list!! It's a bleeping rice cake!!! I've actually just started eating those things and found some really yummy whole wheat thin ones I think are delicious with a little peanut butter! But maybe high glycemic foods are why I'm gaining and feel bloated..? I watch cals but not glycemic high foods... food for thought??? I'm going to watch my salt too, I've been lax in that area too.

Well, new people.... welcome! Let us know how you're getting along on this ride!!

Keep up the great work people!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hi, all! It has been a busy week here! No fasting, but I have tried to keep it under control. Going to go for one good fast tomorrow and a low cal day on Saturday. Weather here is WONDERFUL today! I am going to take the little doggie on a walk just because it is so lovely out. :smile:
    Welcome @ama20172016! I would read through the information in the pinned post at the top of this group's page. Lots of good information. Good luck!
    Happy fasting!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    I've surprisingly ended my night just under 700 cals so I'm calling that an almost fast day. Next week I'm going to log every day... I think my estimates are what's getting me in trouble. Feeling pudgy, but maybe it's the heat! B)

If anyone fasts over the weekend... good luck!! I'm having to bake cookies tomorrow... praying I have willpower! :s
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi All!
    Successful Light Day yesterday. I was able to forgo my afternoon snack of cherries. I find I am less hungry on light days, which brought me just under 500. Probably should have had a few cherries to bring me to at 500 but it turned in to a later night as I got stuck in traffic coming home from work. Ended up that we went to the gym later, got home later, ate dinner later than expected, etc. Stupid traffic and lousy drivers!
    Looking forward to lunch out with coworkers today and dinner out tonight with my guy. Saving up my calories for later! Will do same thing for tomorrow. Looks like the weather should hang in there for the beach on Sunday and my day off on Monday. Woo hoo!
    I am pleased to report that I am down 1.6 pounds this week! Another successful week, which I am really, really happy about! This is three weeks in a row now that I have had some good losses! I think the IF eating window is helping me - eating from 12pm to 8 or 9pm daily. Also upped my calories and made sure I was tracking every single thing I am eating during the week. Including the few bites of chocolate mousse cake we had for a retiring coworker on Wednesday - yummy!!! So far so good.
    I just want to try and keep these losses rolling. I see we have 21 weeks left until Christmas. *screams* :o If I can lose 1.5 pounds a week for the next 21 weeks I will be less than 20 pounds away from my goal weight. How awesome would that be?!
    Mama, glad you liked the Glycemic list! Wow, I didn't know that about the rice cakes either? I will take another look! Yes, I think tracking and counting and increasing my calories has helped me lately. I have looked and relooked at the various calculators around the internet, trying to figure out how many calories I should be eating and I think I am at a comfy number.
    Kate, sounds like the weather got a little nicer there! That little doggie sounds cute! Not sure I ever told you but your profile picture is adorable. <3 I am a lover of cats too! Sounds like you are back on track - good for you!

Everybody have a good one and I'll chat with you all soon!