The stubborn last 10 covering my abs...

Options
Megan_Taylor_P
Megan_Taylor_P Posts: 8 Member
edited July 2017 in Social Groups
Hello all! I have dabbled with MFP quite a bit over the years. I am a healthy weight currently, but am looking to lean out more and see my abs that I know are underneath! I don't track my calories every day, as I find it counterproductive, but I like using the nutrition database as a guide and the support from the community. Currently trying to eat more fruits and veggies and less cheese and chocolate. Also trying to eat less calories in one sitting and drink even more water. I consider myself pretty active, as I am a waitress, I surf, dive, and do Fitness Blender at-home workout videos, but I could always be more active!

Feel free to add me! What's your story?

135846316.png

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Those last 10lbs are very tricky and you may need to actually track your calories in order to achieve it. I know I did. When I stopped tracking I fluffed back up a bit.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Especially the abs - to get visible abs, you need to get to a pretty low bf%, and it's really difficult to do that without counting calories and eating at a deficit.

A slight deficit, plus a lifting program, is what works for me. But I can't really keep it up all the time, and the improvements are lost VERY easily.

For me, the midsection is the only area that still has wiggle - and it's where EVERY fluctuation goes. Some days, I have visible abs. But if I drink some beer that night and have some popcorn, for example, those abs are GONE the next morning, replaced by a little bit of lumpy, squishy water weight.

• LisaTang789
    LisaTang789 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm at exact same point as you. Only got about 5lbs left to go to unearth those abs, and hopefully slim down the thighs, but it's killer. Definitely struggling to get rid of that last bit. I'm at 18.5% body fat. And I believe you need about 17% to start showing abs. Have you measured your body fat?
  • daynasrose
    daynasrose Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal. I'm measuring and tracking my calories and doing a typical "cutting" routine and nutrition plan right now. Agree that tracking makes a huge difference.