Weekly Post 6.8 - 12.8.2017

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,969 Member
edited August 2017 in Social Groups
Hi all!
Happy new week everybody! Going to post this for now, and then will respond. :)

Replies

• Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!
    Hope everybody had a nice weekend.
    Congrats on the weight loss Quiche! Glad your first week went well! :smiley:
    We went to our friend's house, the one's with the new pizza oven, on Saturday night. Have to say it was awesome! They bought their pizza oven on Amazon! Gotta love good ole Amazon. If anybody is interested in what kind, I can search for it and post a link. She said they bought it for under $200 USD. Not bad at all! It runs on propane and it cooks one pizza at a time, it spins around. So so yummy!
    Typical weekend otherwise here. Got to the beach yesterday. Seemed overcast but we got a lot of color. Thank God for SPF.
    Today is a Light Day. Having some Green Tea and Water. Otherwise, same old!
    Hoping everybody is good.
    Chat with you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone! And thanks for moving us all along to a new week Meghan! That pizza oven sounds amazing! All the possible combinations of those artisan pizzas are endless!! I really hope those friends are making their own homemade dough to go with it!! ;)

It's a long weekend here (provincial holiday today) so lots going on around town! I've managed to stay in control this past week so I've measured my waist this morning and I'm down a half an inch (measured three times to be sure!) I'm happy to know that sticking with it does work! What a revelation eh? Haha....

This week I'm determined to build on my momentum!!! Tomorrow will be a fast day for me and I'm really wanting 3 this week, but I'll tell myself 2 is fine and it's a bonus to have 3. Also, still no alcohol, I swear that is my reason for gaining and I mix mine 50/50 with water!! So unfair! I like white wine mixed with lots of ice and water but I think that's when I get the munchies and that's where the problem begins!

How's everyone else doing? Been quiet again lately.....
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here to the group not to the idea of fasting. Last Tuesday I started my first fast and I did a full 24 hours
  • ckmama
    Options
    Wow not sure what happened I typed a long thing and it only posted that part. Weird.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    How's it going everybody?!

Welcome @ckmama we are glad you joined us!
    Sometimes if you are on a tablet or a phone, things get cut off when posting. I find a good old fashioned computer / internet post works best on this site. HTH

@mamainthekitchen congrats on losing a half an inch on your waist! Measurements are important. I bet I would have seen results some of those slow weeks when I had little or no losses, a month or so back.

Light day went well yesterday. No hiccups. I did get on the scale this AM, even though I usually don't. I am back down to my lowest weight since I started. So that's cool. Those .2 have left. Hoping to see a decent loss on Friday.

Also means that pizza and the two crossaints we ate over the weekend didn't affect me. :smiley: My guy's Dad brought a box of the crossaints from Costco and gave us four. Let me tell you, there is nothing quite like a good crossaint! But I am glad they are gone. LOL We made sandwiches out of them and had them with lunch.

Regular day today. Heading to the gym tonight after work. Wrapping up some left overs for dinner. Trying out a new turkey that we bought at Costco for lunch today. More of a roasted flavor and a better deal $$. Hopefully no nitrates too if I recall.

Jeez, I have been typing this post forever and still haven't hit send! Sorry guys. LOL

Okay let me run and I'll check back later with you all. :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Welcome @ckmama ! I'm not sure if anyone else here fasts for a 24 period...? How did that go and did you just drink water? Or also broth? And how were you the following day? Just curious, as I was wondering about trying that as well one time... for now, the 500 cals on a fast day are all I can handle! But curious about a true fasting period, like when you have the flu! We were just talking about that last week on here!

Today I'm having a 500 cal fast day so wish me luck! Had an awesome weight workout yesterday but didn't do my walk... too hot! A little breezier today so I'll head out soon. Good luck to any others on a fast day today!

Also, for any newbies... if you listen to podcasts, there is an easy to listen to one on the 5:2 diet by Kate Harrison... it's worth a listen if you need motivation. That's how I first heard about the WOE but sometimes I like to go back and re listen to segments when I feel I need to... today is one of those days!

Check in later. Cheers!
  • Meghan509
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hello again...

Good luck with your Light Day Mama! Thanks for the podcast recommendation. I went and downloaded a bunch of those to my que and never played them. :o

Yup, I have heard about 24 hour fasts too and I have considered trying them too.
    For now I am sticking with two days of 500 calories a week and then on the rest of the week I'm doing an Intermittent Fasting Eating Window - consuming my calories between 12pm and 8 or 9pm. I am doing that for weight loss. Some people do it for fat loss and they put themselves in to ketosis and follow a strict low carb diet. I am not in to that. :) For now, what I am doing has been working pretty well. Hoping to keep the losses going, a pound or a little more a week would be awesome.

Just doing a little re-cap for the newbies or new people reading this. Sorry to repeat myself for the regulars. LOL

BTW if you guys are Costco shoppers and you buy turkey for sandwiches, salads, etc. Do consider purchasing the Kirkland Signature Oven Browned Turkey Breast. It comes in at $3.99 a pound. You can get a decent sized breast and you cut it up yourself. We bought a four pounder and we sliced it up and portioned it out by pound, in to containers and froze what we are not using yet. Here are the ingredients: Turkey Breast, Turkey Broth, 2% or less of sea salt, sugar. It is low calorie - 90 calories for 3 onces or 56 grams. That is actually a serving and a half. Gives you a good sized portion on a sandwich. Tastes very natural and fresh.

Okay enough about turkey. :p

Enjoy the rest of the day and I'll chat with you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I am alive! Fasting is out the window for this week, but I am going to stay sane with my eating and try not to gain.
    @ckmama if you put in an emoji from your keyboard instead of from the drop-down box at the top right, it cuts off your post. I know from harsh experience. :s
    Everyone else, have a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hello everybody!

Kate, I know what you mean, when things get crazy you do the best you can!

Hope everybody is doing well. Plugging along today. Not much new here. Probably won't get to the gym tonight after work. Have to stop off at the car dealer to meet with them. My lease is up on my SUV in another month and they want me to come in to tell me about the great end of summer deals they have going. LOL

Light Day tomorrow. I have a nice vegetable and bean stew that we've been enjoying lately for dinner on Light Days. Nice and filling and low calorie. :)

This weekend we are heading to a friend's house on Saturday for a pool party and get together. Will be nice to see a bunch of friends we have not seen in a while. Hoping the weather cooperates fully. Right now it says "unsettled" for Saturday's weather. :O

Have a good day and I'll chat with you all soon.
  • ckmama
    Options
    HI
    I'm on an actual computer now, LOL.

I did my first fast day 24 hours and it was easier than I thought. Water and tea only.
    But my second day was 500 calories. My 3rd fast was the 800 calories. What I had originally posted was after the 24 hour fast (my first ever--even considering i've tried it for religous reasons before) and my 500 calorie day i had TERRIBLE stomach issues. I mean like urgent..on my next non fasting day and not even after the first meal, like all day.

I did a 3rd fast last week at the 800 calories with NO problem with my stomach yesterday. So I'm thinking maybe there was too much gastric acid built up.

I weighed myself yesterday after 4:3 last week and I'm down from 264 to 260.4

I opted to do 4:3 for 2 reasons I have a good bit of weight to lose and right now I'm not working again until next week when I will move to 5:2.

I was unsure if I would be able to "survive" a 24 hour fast and I was proud to say I had enough self control to do it. I probably won't do another, but it was a good start. We were food poor as kids and now as an adult I find myself always "making sure" food is readily available. CRAZY I know since food is literally everywhere and I have the money to buy it.

I am eating at around 2000-2100 calories on non fast days which is about my TDEE for my height, age, and weight on the other days I'm finding I can't "stuff" myself like I could just a week ago.
  • ckmama
    Options
    And no I wasn't ravenous the next day after the 24 hour, but I did 6 pm to 6 pm. I have found when I try 16:8 I binge at night, but I haven't on the 500-800 calories. I've also found the more water I consume the hungrier I am (weird) so I do decaf green tea and those little true lemon lemonade packets in water
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Welcome @ckmama!!

Yes, unfortunately I think a regular computer is best for this site, unless you are doing a quick check in.

Cool! I see what you are doing. I totally get it. I still have a decent amount of weight to go so I am doing something similiar to you. With me I am doing 5:2, eating 500 twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays. Helloooo Light Day today! Then for the rest of the week for the last month or so I added an Intermittent Fasting "eating window" of 12pm to about 9pm and staying under 1400 calories. I also exercise and burn around 500-600 calories six days a week on average. The IF Eating Window has really helped me keep the weight loss rolling, which I like. I was never a big breakfast person so no big deal for me. I start eating at lunch and have my coffee in the AM followed by Green Tea and water all day long. Don't take away my dinner and nobody gets hurt! :o

I am interested in trying a 24 hour fast perhaps maybe in the fall. Dinner will be tough to give up but I guess I will have to put my big girl pants on, won't I?! LOL

Dr. Mosely who created the 5:2 plan did increase the calorie minimum from 500 (600 for men) to 800, so you could do 800 if you wanted to. That change happened right around the time that I started back in March, but I stuck with 500. I typically do around 550. It works well for me.

Typical Light Day here for me. Having a salad for lunch and going to the gym after work.
    Chat with you all soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Your plan is awesome Meghan!

Good job both of you! Quite inspiring :)

The toughest part for me is living with my family!!! Love them, but they just get in the way of my eating plans!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Hey, all! I survived inservice and my house is clean! And, SURPRISE, I am going to go back to school as a student in the spring spring semester! I am going to get my teaching degree.
    @mamainthekitchen That is my biggest problem, too! I love them, but having their snack foods in the house makes me weak.
    @Meghan509 & @ckmama Good job, ladies!
    I hope you have a great weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Thanks Mama! I am pleased to say that this has working. *knocks on wood*
    My good news... Drum roll... I am down 2.8 pounds for the week! WOO HOO!
    Last week I was up .2 So I lost that plus the above. Not so shabby I might say!
    I am very pleased with how the weight is coming off lately. I am staying under 1400 on my non Light Days except for some cheat meals on Friday and Saturday nights and I have been hitting the gym six days week and doing the IF eating window thing. I likey. Even better news is TOM starts next week so looks like no gain due to that! And we missed the gym on Wednesday night because we had to go to the car dealership. ;)
    Bring it on!

Kate - congrats on going back to school! I am so happy for you... :smiley:
    I went back to school to finish up my Bachelors in Business back in the early 2000's and it was the best thing I did for myself. Has helped me keep employment in a so-so economy! Never too late!!

Have a good one all! I'll probably check in again later.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Awesome goal there Kate! Good for you. Plus that is such a great inspiration for your kids!!

Meghan awesome loss for you.... if I could press both the awesome AND the woohoo buttons I would!! Your system is working!

We are dealing with very warm temps here, very muggy and the smoggy air moving in from the interior fires is making the air quality worse than Beijing!! So they say on the news reports anyway!! Ugh! Being in the coast helps us, but boy I did my walk today in Walmart just to get out of the sticky air!! Not a bad idea, it was nice and cool and certainly the perimeter isles back and forth mad for a decent walk! Haha

It's Friday! Have a good weekend everyone!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Thank you so much Mama!!
    Hope you get some relief from the heat!

We went to an all day pool party today and luckily the weather cooperated! Nice to see friends and have some yummy food.
    Back to the gym and to the beach tomorrow. :smile: Have a good night!