Not syncing with Fitbit

Options
kathymhardy
kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
All of a sudden MFP and Fitbit aren't syncing. Do I have to unstall both apps and reinstall?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    The info doesn't come from the app going to the app.

App sends info to your account, account to account, account to app.

You need to close both apps and disconnect through the web account as preferred method.

Top section in the FAQ in stickies mentions what you are doing on both sides.
  • cdonovan1975
    cdonovan1975 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't synching either and I have used both apps on the same phone for almost 2 yeaers with no problems until 2 days ago...
  • heybales
    Options
    Mine isn't synching either and I have used both apps on the same phone for almost 2 yeaers with no problems until 2 days ago...

Read the comment right above yours.
  • jwgarcia82
    jwgarcia82 Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    heybales it really doesn't work. I've tried multiple times. I've logged out of both apps on my phone, logged out of both accounts on my PC. Logged back in to MFP, removed Fitbit. Logged in to Fitbit, removed my fitness pal. Reconnected Fitbit to MFB, and it's still not syncing. MFP food diary data is going to Fitbit, but not the other way around.
  • heybales
    Options
    jwgarcia82 wrote: »
    heybales it really doesn't work. I've tried multiple times. I've logged out of both apps on my phone, logged out of both accounts on my PC. Logged back in to MFP, removed Fitbit. Logged in to Fitbit, removed my fitness pal. Reconnected Fitbit to MFB, and it's still not syncing. MFP food diary data is going to Fitbit, but not the other way around.

Only other step is confirming in the app that the source of steps is indeed Fitbit Tracker.

Some have reported even seeing the web account confirmed, but the app be on a different setting.

Web account is Apps - Steps - select Fitbit Tracker. Even selecting Don't track steps, save out, go back in, select Fitbit.

Same on app.

If that doesn't have any effect - then report issue to Fitbit under Help.
    Create a Case.
    https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new
  • randmsan
    randmsan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't syncing either. My steps from Fitbit are no longer showing up in MFP.
  • anniebag28
    anniebag28 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    has there been a fix for this problem yet ive done everything still not syncing my steps
    please will someone help us out here
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I had the same problem - heybale's fix helped. Thank you!