Weekly Post 8.10 - 15.10 2017

Options
2»

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    Oh, it was a Progresso light soup I had Tuesday- ridiculously heavy on sodium and ridiculously low on taste. I’m not much of a cook, but I’m pretty sure I could have done better!

Yeah, I've got to work out an alternative to Progresso soups. In a pinch they're fine, but I don't want to keep relying on them. I've got two crock pots and an instant pot, so I really have no excuse!

Yay, @Meghan509 on the loss! This morning I was down 1 lb from last Saturday (more would be good, but I'm alright with that). I regularly drink a ton of water, but I suspect that the sodium in the soup is not doing me any favors because I couldn't get my rings on this morning. I also ran last night, and it's still hot and humid here (in the 80s during the day, evenings are still high 70s/low 80s), which always causes my hands to swell terribly, especially during runs. We do get a little break early next week, though. I'm a transplant here in SC, and while I love the mild winters (I hated the winters up north), I don't like the mega hot/humid summers and how long the uncomfortable weather can linger.

Yesterday's low day was rougher than Tuesday. That was the trend last week, too, so it'll be interesting if it continues. It might have to do with the fact that Tuesday comes after four high days, but Thursday only has one high day before it. If it continues like that, I may space out my low days a little more (maybe Mon/Thurs instead of Tues/Thurs). Anyway, I had two cups of coffee with half and half in the AM, then my Progresso light soup for lunch, which was just OK. Then right before I left work to get my kids, I felt awful, so I ate my protein bar (Zone bar, 210 cals). That left me 70 calories for the day but hungry when I was giving my kids dinner. I had no idea what to eat that would be worthwhile. I considered PB, but that would have put me slightly over 500 (which would be OK) with just ONE Tbsp :( Then I remembered I had hummus in the fridge. 2Tbsp = 70 calories. SCORE! It quelled my hunger, and I was good to go for my run, after which I had lots of water.

I think I'll plan some better food for next Tuesday on the assumption that it won't be a difficult low day, then I think I'll plan to go to Moe's next Thursday for my close talker salad (300 cals) on the assumption that I'll really feel the need for volume.

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Hey, all! It has been a CRAZY week! BUT, next week I only have school two days! I WILL FAST next week if it kills me! My birthday is on Friday, I am one year short of a new decade. I am absolutely determined to be at my goal a year from now!
    @RBXChas Have you thought about putting two days between fasts? I have trouble when there is only one day between, so I typically do a Monday/Thursday. Just a thought.

@Meghan509 Congrats on the loss! You are rockin' it!

@ryenday It sounds like you have a plan! I really love 5:2 because I am a small gal and it just doesn't take a lot of calories to run this body, so fasting helps me a LOT.

I hope you all have a great weekend!
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Hey all, crazy week, so far so good - sticking to the plan eating wise. Exercise wise this week was a bust. Good intentions got siderailed by two trips to Dallas, CPR class, my husband spontaneously deciding to take Friday off and a new job starting Monday! Managed my 10000+ steps each day tho, so I’m pleased enough.

.9 lb. down since starting 5:2. Not very exciting but about par for the course pre 5:2. Since I had almost no exercise the last week, I guess I should be pleased.

New job will mean routine change up. I’m still planning on the tues/thurs light days but my 16:8 eating window is going to have to shift around some and I’m not sure how that will work. So to be on the safe side, I’m probably going to see if I feel ok making tomorrow an extra light day, that way if I’m topsy turvy on Thursday I can just make it a regular day and still be on track.

I guess you are right @KateNkognito (Cute name!) I’m working the plans, aren’t I?

Well the only other thing I have to say is:

GO CUBBIES!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
    Hope everybody has been having a great weekend.
    Sounds like everybody has been busy but good! Good luck to the Cubs!! Since the NY Mets are not in it, I don't have a dog in the race. LOL.
    We got our grocery shopping done yesterday. Lentil soup on tap for light day dinners this week. Made it yesterday and it looks and smells great!
    Tonight I am making a crockpot taco pasta recipe that I am throwing together with some ground turkey. Sounds awesome. How I miss pasta! :#
    Going to hit the gym soon and then come home and watch some NFL. I am a New England Patriots fan and BF is a NY Jets fan, so today at 1pm we are 'enemies' for 60 minutes. LOL. Will get some clothes sorted out too. Nice week on tap in th 70's but time to get out some thicker sweaters and to put away the summer shoes. I miss my boots too.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I weighed in this morning and it was up 2.5 pounds! I was super shocked! I am not retaining water or anything. I am just going to record it and do really well this week and see if it goes away.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Had a super busy week as I am in process of interviewing for a job. Managed to lose 1.6 this week. Half way to my end goal! Have been experiencing a lot of cravings, though. Trying to practice new behavior by just ignoring them.
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Hope those pounds come off quick and it is a bunch of nothing @KateNkognito :)

Congrats on your loss @jknight001 way to go!
    Cravings are no fun. Maybe see if makes sense to treat yourself to one per week or once in a while?
    I was really craving and missing pasta lately but I managed to find a yummy dinner recipe to make. Good luck with your interview!

Another weekend is in the books. Time flies! Boo... lol
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    @KateNkognito thank you - I think I may do that next week (Mon/Thurs instead of Tues/Thurs) after seeing how I do this week. I see your successful tips post and am about to go read it :)