New here! Need some motivation!

Options
lexfair85
lexfair85 Posts: 7 Member
Hi! I am new here and trying to find notivatiin to stuck to my calorie limit of 1600/day. I work out everyday but am trying to get leaner...lose about 10 pounds by sticking to a calorie limit because i tend to graze all day.

I am also a super busy working mom with kids...how do you guys keep motivation high throughout the day??

Replies

• bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Plan your whole day ahead of time. Not just in your head, but actually plug everything into My Fitness Pal in the morning or the night before. It makes it harder to graze all day when you can see your day laid out ahead of you, and see that you have no extra calories to spend on snacks.

If you do need a snack throughout the day, bring something pre-packaged with you, like a Greek yogurt or a plastic baggie with a serving size of a snack measured out.
  • littlebuffbiddy
    littlebuffbiddy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I do what @brianneangell08 said. I try to plan my meals including snacks for the day sometimes days in advance. In September I couldn't work out because of an injury and was in so much pain I couldn't even move. I was really fearful of gaining back what I had worked off so I was very strict. I lost 10 lbs (probably too much weight!) and a lot of body fat percentage (I lost 6% body fat percentage in about 6 weeks) too. I also found that intermittent fasting helped keep me accountable. I stop eating by 830 or 930 at night and eat again at 1-130 after a fasted workout. I. feel like my meals get to be jam packed full of calories, I feel full all day and don't want to snack as much. I'm not a working mom (except I am a fr3eelance very part time photographer) and a mom of 4. so that I relate to! I actually cook myself, my husband, and my baby one meal - and my other 3 kids a separate meal beause they are so picky and what they want to eat is not healthy or in line with my goals.

I don't know if that helps at all! But I am happy to help or give advice. I can't imagine working and doing this so KUDOS mama!
  • WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I agree!

Plan
    Plan
    Plan

I have to plan by shopping, my meals and what I eat on a daily basis.

I do batch cooking every Sunday a.m. so meals durng the week are pretty much assembling them. I pre-plan my meals on MFP.

I also have a rule for myself: no sugar, no flour. I've found that the foods I'm most likely to overeat are foods containing processed sugar and flour, so I find it easiest if I just say no to those except for my once a week treat meal (Saturday date night with my DH.)

Planning sounds awfully restrictive, but knowing what I'm going to eat is actually making it a lot easier for me.