xmas party dress slightly too tight help

Options
Hi ladies any recommendations for tummy control lingerie (eg spanx) I bought a dress (last one) size UK10 (US 6), I can zip it up with a bit of wiggling but it looks a touch tight around the torso (perfect fit on the hips)

The works party is next Thursday any tips for dropping an inch temporarily for a dress (obvs nothing dangerous but should I get thew cling film out lol) or recommend some underwear to suck me in a bit.

I'd prefer something that didn't squash my bum though so prefer a thong butt if it has a crotch lol, I have the cami below but in a larger size from when I was bigger, one downside was it sometimes rolled up over my tummy, unfortunately can't find it in my current size anymore and no longer exists.

http://www.asos.com/marie-meili/marie-meili-genevieve-wear-your-own-bra-control-camisole/prd/4529375

Halp! TIG

Ps I have a back up dress if I look like I've been squeezed in as I know a tight dress can look like crap ;)

Replies

• bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I wear these! They are short, so won’t show under short dresses. I don’t find that they “squeeze my bum” much, since their purpose is more for tummy control not bum control. They come up a little higher on me than the packaging shows too.

Also, if you have the Poshmark app you can find something like that for much cheaper than normal price! I bought mine off the app :)
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I wear these! They are short, so won’t show under short dresses. I don’t find that they “squeeze my bum” much, since their purpose is more for tummy control not bum control. They come up a little higher on me than the packaging shows too.

Also, if you have the Poshmark app you can find something like that for much cheaper than normal price! I bought mine off the app :)

ooh thanks for the app tip I'll check those out (although I sometimes find shorts roll down or you can see the elastic mark at the waist if they do stay up especially if I'm sitting and standing alot so might need something that goes right up to my underbust line :blush: ) xxx cheers!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I totally feel you. I have a pair of spanx that are awesome in the midsection but leave me butt-less.

I have a shaper thing by Maidenform, I think, and I got it at a regular department store. It's got some boning, but it's reasonably comfortable, and it hooks with what seems like a thousand tiny hooks. It's perfect. It's sort of like this: https://www.amazon.com/Maidenform-Womens-Sexy-Control-Waistnipper/dp/B074KL42Y2/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1512675130&sr=8-21&keywords=maidenform+shaper
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I’d get on the floor and do some Pilates.