Weekly Post - 15.1.2018 - 21.1.2018

Options
2»

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Well, it should be a normal eating day but I’ve already been into the chewy ginger I have hiding in a cupboard! and now iv learned both kids are out for dinner and the hubs is gonna have pizza (brought home by the son last night from work) I don’t eat that, so I just may pull out some of my soup from the freezer!! The day started out a little negative, but I’m not too hungry after my walks this afternoon so think I’ll go with it!

Happy Friday everyone!
  • sjgold123
    sjgold123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi all, happy friday! I had a golden syrup porridge for (skimmed milk) breakfast and a skinny latte yum. I made a big batch of soup which was nice and filling but it's 'my off' day so i had a slice of bread. Then we were unexpedly busy so i felt no need to fill the gap til dinner. Then tea was soya mince cottage pie with sliced potato and veg. Which worked out a low day for a day so i indulgled in a few of those danish biscuits! Saturday night has a low fat curry planned but splashing out on samosa's and popadoms. Feeling really good on this diet that doesn't feel too restricting. Have a good wkd everyone!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Hey, all! Crazy week! Snow day at the beginning and 60s tomorrow! No wonder the kids are bouncing off the walls! Also, my first week with a full schedule of taking classes! Wild times!
    @mamainthekitchen I Use Accupedo app on my phone. I have it on me all day, so I don't really feel like I could justify spending money on a separate device. Might get one in the future.
    Have a great weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Crazy week indeed Kate. Sigh... Hoping this week is better.
    Today we are taking a day off from the gym on a Saturday. Having some coffee and getting the weekly grocery lists ready.
    We hit two stores, Trader Joe's and the regular market. It can be a pain to make two stops, but since we eat less :p we buy less and are pretty much in and out.
    Have a good day and see you all soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    So, it is late afternoon and I have only had 750 calories. Do I call it close enough to a fast, or have something really good for dinner? Hmm...
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Well, I remembered that I had had something else earlier, so it wasn't even close to a fast. So I had a yummy dinner! But, guess what?! I am one whole pound down for the week! And with my current hormone levels, that should have been up! So, WOO HOO! Have a great day, y'all! :)
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Well, I remembered that I had had something else earlier, so it wasn't even close to a fast. So I had a yummy dinner! But, guess what?! I am one whole pound down for the week! And with my current hormone levels, that should have been up! So, WOO HOO! Have a great day, y'all! :)

Great! Good for you!

I’m sick so trying to pamper self. Right now it is a very sore throat so a lot of hot drinks on my day today.

Trying to dial in on maintenance calories is not coming easy. I either want to eat ALL the food or I want to see a nice deficit. A mental challenge for sure. To ‘trick’ myself I’m going to aim for a 2000 calorie deficit a week (compared to my expected maintenance calories) for the next month (4 weeks starting today). That *should* result in a 2 pound loss for 4 weeks which would be fine and tell me what I need to know. We’ll see.

We have no social engagements next weekend, and no personal plans so I am going to try to eat the proper amount each day and not “bank” anything. I think it is the save some calories for the weekend mentality vs. maintain mentality that has thrown me for a loop.

Hoping all are well and having a fabulous weekend!
  • sjgold123
    sjgold123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I had a naughty day yesterday which overall isn't a 'fail' as i eat under most days but i didn't plan it in so didn't feel great so today i've had a low day to compensate 700 cals. I usually fast mon or Tue but unsure which day i should choose. My guilty pleasure was wine and a good catch up with a friend so it was worth it...now back on plan.