Weekly Post - 22.1.2018 - 28.1.2018

Options
2»

Replies

• sjgold123
    sjgold123 Posts: 133 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi all, i'm having a super busy wkd helping family move into their new house clocking up almost 20k steps per day cleaning and shifting boxes for 18hrs both days. With routines disrupted and their house upside down i've tried my best to stick to low cal options however both days have resulted in takeaways! I had breakfast and lunch to the value of 400 then have added upto 900 for take away fish and chips one night...child portion and 1000 cal for chinese tonight. It's hard when there is so much variation. I added to my plate once as a meal rather than mini meals and did go back for more selecting mostly prawns, vegetables and beansprouts. As i say I have burned alot through steps and been on my feet 8am til midnight so hoping it doesn't damage hard work....however they were mighty good! Having a high protein and veg day tomorrow to balance out and get back on plan...my parents are a bad influence lol
  • cdurston50523
    cdurston50523 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Sorry I havnt posted in awhile 5 pounds down this month so far. But failed dry January lol.
  • 90kgToNewMe
    90kgToNewMe Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Just joined the group and saying “Howdy” from Sydney Australia. I dropped 8lbs in Jan and over 30lbs since 17 October. Will be starting Dr Valter Longo’s fast mimicking diet at some point in the near future. I’m waiting for his book to arrive in the mail first.
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

About to start the new weekly thread, so please respond to that!

But, wanted to say congrats to @cdurston50523 on her five pound loss for January! Way to go!

Welcome @90kgToNewMe! I believe our friend @ryenday just read that book and has done a bit of that WOE.

Okay new thread in a few! :)
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group and saying “Howdy” from Sydney Australia. I dropped 8lbs in Jan and over 30lbs since 17 October. Will be starting Dr Valter Longo’s fast mimicking diet at some point in the near future. I’m waiting for his book to arrive in the mail first.

@90kgToNewMe hi!

As our friendly leader mentioned I did do a Fast Mimicking Diet week this month! Not for weight loss, per se, but to try to get some of the renewing benefits. I tend to jump right in, so I did it the week after Longo’s book came out.

I am planning do another at end of February or first week of March.

It was hard, but not too bad, probably because I actually had more calories than I do on my two “light” days. However, the book is purposefully vague on the MACROS- because Longo isn’t keen on folks just going out and trying it themselves- I had to do a fair bit of extra research- I’ll dig up what I found and post it in next weeks thread later today.

On the whole, mostly, I found it to be an exercise in planning! I had to plan every morsel of food that I ate or would eat over those five days. I got not difficult, and I never felt ravenously hungry. But it was kind of an annoying existence. The best thing was you knew that when it was over you wouldn’t be doing this again for a few months!

The health benefits that long ago believes people will reap from doing this will not be evident till after at least three fast cycles. So I don’t really feel or notice anything different right now. I have only done one fast after all. He suggest not doing them more than once a month and for somewhat healthy year or people at closer to an ideal weight that amount goes down. So I am doing them every month and a half or so.

Hoops got a run here – things of been a little crazy because my husband is currently sick.

Laters!
  • cdurston50523
    cdurston50523 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks. And well done to you all. X