Wifi scales

Options
babybellyfat
babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
What wifi scales does everyone have? I’m thinking to get aria 2 any good?

Replies

• babybellyfat
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Boones3
    Boones3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am looking to purchase a fitness weight scale and would like suggestions on what you use and how accurate they are? TY
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I have a withings scale. It works well and integrates with MFP. I don't really know how accurate it is, i think it is accurate. It is always lower then when I measure at the gym later in the day, but that would be expected as I measure myself in the morning and with nothing on.

They are expensive though. Much more convenient since you don't have to enter your weight especially if you weigh yourself every day.
  • rfrenkel77
    rfrenkel77 Posts: 103 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I got aria 2. Me and my wife both use it. We both have Fitbit accounts. It’s key purpose is telling you your body fat% which is the only number that should concern people, and it auto populate your weight, bmi, fat% graph in Fitbit app. Make sure you weigh in consistently as you wake up, barefoot...to establish proper fat measuring
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    I want to get one that measure bone mass any idea which one does?
  • rfrenkel77
    rfrenkel77 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bone density for osteoporosis can be checked at your yearly physical. Surely covered by insurance
  • very_berry_pop
    very_berry_pop Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have Nokia (withings) scale, I love it, it syncs great with MFP
  • Fast4Fit
    Fast4Fit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't see the Fitbit scale as an option to link it to MFP. Does it not work with MFP?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Fast4Fit wrote: »
    I don't see the Fitbit scale as an option to link it to MFP. Does it not work with MFP?

It comes directly from your Fitbit account
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I wrote a little review of the Fitbit Aria on my blog (http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2014/02/fitbit-aria-review.html) wow, that was in 2014 and I wrote it after having the scale a year and it's still working well. My son mentioned the Aria2 to me, but as my original Aria is still working fine ... and I haven't looked into what is "better" about this second edition, I feel no need to upgrade. The main thing I love about having the wifi scale (Fitbit especially) is that I don't have to update my weight manually, it's done automatically every time I weigh-in (which I do every day).
  • Fatgonegirl
    Fatgonegirl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have an Aria 2, I love the fact that it is linked to my Fitbit and Trendweight accounts for weight, fat mass, %fat and lean mass
  • SexY_ret1REE57
    SexY_ret1REE57 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Scrapjen, you said it. I also have the Aria and after a year, mine is working well so I probably will not switch to the Aria 2.
    I am changing username and password since the security breach. Old name SassyBMT is now Sexy_ret1REE57. Keep pushing on to those goals friends.
  • sadie_baby79
    sadie_baby79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have had the aria for over a year now too, and I love that is synchs automatically to your fitbit account, which also then synchs to my fitness pall. It is supposed to recognize several users, so if you have a few folks in your house you can each synch it to your own profile.