New to the group, check in here

Options
cinsuccess
cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
Rather than having multiple threads, I thought it would be helpful to have one thread pinned to the main page where new members could check in and look for support.

Replies

• WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Thanks cin!
  • purpleheart416
    purpleheart416 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here. I'm a 44 yr old single mom of one great kid. I've lost 20+ lbs on WW since May, but got a Fitbit for Xmas and decided to switch over to MFP so I could sync the two.
  • WhataBroad
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • JucyJ40
    JucyJ40 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone:

My name is Jennifer, married with two grown sons...( 22 and 18 years old) I'm new to the group and the site. I have lost 130+ lbs ( in just over 3 years) and just looking for inspirtation, motivation, and ideas on how to maintain it... i have a little over 12 more lbs that i want to lose.
    Congrats on your success thus far and hope to hear of many more...:happy:

Jenn
  • HelstonSonia
    Options
    Hi everyone.

OK - I'm not sure if I should be here. But having looked at the boards available I think this is more me than the 30 somethings. I'll be 40 in June - only 5 months away - so while I'm not wishing my life away I have a feeling I'll fit in more here!

I'm Sonia, live in Cornwall with my boyfriend and animals (no kids). I'm on a mission to hit 40 in June with a bang - feeling fabulous and slim and ready to really start LIVING!

I've got 35lbs to lose by then. Perfectly realistic as long as I get on with it.

:)
  • seamstar
    seamstar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    hi there,
    new to group. just turned 40 and need to lose this extra weight! i have lost 20 and have 30 to go!
  • gixy72
    gixy72 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm lyn from the isle of man, 41 and have 3 grown up sons. I have a long way to go yet with my battle
    Not helped by the fact that I lost 20lb last year and put 21lb back on by Xmas...
    But that is just the story of my life. In 2003 I was 16 st 9 lb.. I vowed never to get that big again after I lost 3 stone.. But a few years later I was back there,.

I now find that when I get to the 15st 7 enough is enough and on the diet I go again..

So time to put a end to this yo-yo and not waste any more years going up and down
  • WhataBroad
    Options
    Welcome ladies! We are all here for the same things, get healthy and looking fabulous is a wonderful side effect! =)
  • miracle1018
    Options
    Nice to meet all of you ladies my name is Becca I am 48 with 5 kids, 2 grandchildren and 2 on the way! My goal is to maintain a healthy happy lifestyle. I have 50 lbs to lose. I believe every step towards an active lifestyle is an achievement.
  • lmcmahon1221
    lmcmahon1221 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group, and to My Fitness Pal! I turned 49 just a few weeks ago, and during this last year in my 40s, I am looking to rejuvenate and remotivate myself! I have two wonderful daughters, both of whom are engaged, and I don't want to look like the stereotypical "mother-of-the-bride" for either of them! I'd love to lose "those last 10 lbs" by summer ....
  • lilahk95
    lilahk95 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I’m new to the group and have been on MFP a little over 3 months. I’ve lost about 18 lbs and have about 12 more to go. I am a 41 year old mother of one handsome son who is graduating high school this year. Yay! :love: So I want to be fabulous at his graduation in May. :bigsmile: I’m ready to start lifting weights to tone but don’t know exactly how to go about this. :huh: If anyone has suggestions, please do share. I’m looking to give as well as receive all the support that I can.

~~Eileen
  • firstmate15
    firstmate15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Not sure if I fit into this group. I am a 48 year old female who has been struggling with perimenopause symptoms for the last year. I gained weight and had all the "lovely" symptoms to go with it. Hot flashes, night sweats, sore breasts, poor sleep, etc. It sucked! I started Hormone Replacement Therapy (Hugely expensive!) last August and all of my symptoms except the weight gain have subsided. Thank God. So since I feel "balanced" and I found a great workout program that I look forward to, I thought I would try to get the weight off. I just get so frustrated that I often give up, feel it's useless and have some chocolate (emotional eater!!!). I could really use some support. Did I come to the right place? Thanks for listening. Feel better already!
  • Berkshire46
    Options
    Hello I am a 47 year old women and I have done every diet known to man and now that I am 47 it is so much harder however so far so good on just tracking the calories in and staying within the alloted amount I am doing great lost 4 lbs so far so feeling motivated.:wink:
  • anndmorg
    anndmorg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm 45 and started this year serious about my weight loss again. Recording everything I eat on MFP helps a lot. Now attempting to start some kind of regular exercise routine. I have always loved exercising but just have not made it a priority.
  • skylake064
    skylake064 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 44 and really started "feeling my age" for the first time last year... in January I finally decided to do something about it, joined MFP and traded in the guilt... I mean the gym membership I've had for a year and used twice... for a new pair of hiking boots. I've been hiking and walking at least 3 days a week and logging my food for almost a month. I'm feeling good about the changes, but am a little anxious about keeping up the momentum - I know how easy it can be to fall back into old habits... This group sounds really supportive - I appreciate the positive energy! Thanks!
  • WhataBroad
    Options
    welcome ladies We have all 'started' at one time or another, the idea is to never stop! =):flowerforyou:
  • KellyKat64
    KellyKat64 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello All! Kat here.t I'm 48 and just restarted MFP. I'm looking for some positive fun loving people to help me stay accountable and on track. Im a survivor of cancer and am currently really focusing on my health to get back into the workforce and to reclaim myself. I was thrilled to see a 40something group and wish us all great success here.
  • sunvin
    sunvin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sunny and I turned the big 40 in September. I have been losing and gaining the same 10 lbs. for years. My current weight is 125, and my goal is 115. I am 5 feet tall. Looking forward to meeting fabulous women in their 40s.
  • MissTess121664
    MissTess121664 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! My name is Theresa. I am 48. I am married to my best friend (he's 58) and have 4 great kids and 8 awesome grand kids (as well as one on the way). I work a full-time job and try to keep up with my husband. Although he is 10 years older than I am, he works a full-time job and still manages to work out 5-6 days a week. He has lost about 40 pounds in the last 3 years, just by being consistent with his exercise. He is a big eater, but still keeps his weight down and physically fit. I, on the other hand, am a hit-and-miss gym person. Our kids are all grown and out of the house, so I am really just starting to enjoy some "me" time. But I have come to the realization lately that there is too much "me". I am about 30 pounds overweight. I really don't eat that much, but I eat all the wrong things. I am trying to get my act together and the diet tracker on here is awesome. By tracking what I am eating every day, I can look back and see the habits that I need to break. It also pushes me to exercise. I love the way the calories from exercise are subtracted from your calorie intake for the day. I just need to be careful to not use that for an excuse to eat the things that I don't need to eat. Looking forward to meeting all these fabulous 40-something ladies!
  • hollygoddess
    hollygoddess Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Holly & new to MFP & this group. I too have menopause at 46 due to surgery & have Hashimoto's Disease/Hypothyroidism.
    I totally understand the weight/hormone therapy frustration! So all you girls on thyroid replacement with menopause or peri-menopause symptoms & are always fighting chronic fatigue I'm with YOU! I have managed to amaze myself this week losing 5lbs,
    and firmly believe it's the food log & increased activity!