Recipe books?

Options
Can anyone recommend any good websites, books or recipe books for a Paleo newbie?? Really want to see how I feel after 30 days as Rob Woff talks about in his "Paleo Solution". Any advice or help is appreciated! Thanks! :)

Replies

• IselaCB
    IselaCB Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My fave is paleomg.com...love her!
  • skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    A few of my favorite websites (note: some are more primal, but it's usually fairly easy to drop or substitute the dairy depending on the recipe):
    www.nomnompaleo.com
    http://beta.primal-palate.com/
    www.thepaleoparents.com
    www.marksdailyapple.com
    www.chowstalker.com
    www.health-bent.com
    www.threedietsonedinner.com
    www.multiplydelicious.com
    www.againstallgrain.com

My favorite cookbooks:
    Well Fed
    Eat Like a Dinosaur
    Make It Paleo
    Primal Blueprint: Quick and Easy Meals

My biggest suggestion is to read, read, read! There are blogs I check daily (Nom Nom Paleo being one), and that's a lot of what keeps me going.
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    As the PPs have stated, there are a ton of websites and books out there with recipes. I just recently got Mark Sisson's recipe book because I like to have something to hold in my hands while cooking.
  • Hherman20
    Hherman20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all those amazing website recommendations! After a year and a half of "primal" I had gotten stuck in a rut but the threedietsonedinner and paleOMG sites are so great. I especially love the real life primal/paelo family blogs.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I haven't made anything from it yet, but I'm enjoying the Eat Like a Dinosaur cook book from the Paleo Parents, and not just for my kids. They have some great ideas in there (scooping out cucumbers or apples and using them as "boats" for tuna salad).

My favorite blog is www.nomnompaleo.com

Another blog I check a lot is not paleo, but is by a woman who had a gastric by-pass and went down to a size 4. I don't like her most of her sweet recipes because she uses a TON of sugar-free sweeteners, but her savories recipes are good ideas, and she focuses on portion control. http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com. I also like how she recycles her leftovers into new dishes.
  • livetothebeatYOLO
    Options
    WELL FED IS THE BEST COOKBOOK EVERRRR!!! totally recommend it. And Practical Paleo from Balanced Bites, i belive that comes out this month.