Low & High Snacks

Options
What are people doing for their 2 additional meals/snacks? I have the B/L/D down, but am having a hard time figuring out what to do during the days I'm at work and at my desk. Ideas??

Replies

• amyrosner
    amyrosner Posts: 13
    Options
    I make homemade protein bars for my low-carb day snacks (some commercial ones like Quest bars work too) and have 1/2 cup of plain nonfat Greek yogurt with chopped fresh fruit on top for my high-carb day snacks. I pack them in my insulated lunch bag to take to work and eat at my desk.
  • Sweetsys
    Sweetsys Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm not working but am using lots of cottage cheese on lowcarb days with fruit. Sometimes also roll meat and string cheese in lettuce leaf for low carb. On high carb I do 1 piece rye bread with turkey on it or the cottage cheese with fruit. Really fills me up.
  • kimmerkay
    kimmerkay Posts: 110
    Options
    Low Carb_ protein shake w/ T. Natural Peanut Butter
    Cottage cheese with veggies

High Carb-Cottage cheese w/fruit
    protein shake with fruit
  • mntflower
    mntflower Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks ladies! That's really helpful. Today was my first low carb day. I think I did ok. I was struggling last night to put things together for the snacky items, but this will help on Wednesday. :smile:
  • aussiekid5
    aussiekid5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been logging on MFP for a few weeks but just discovered CTL this past weekend and have decided to re-adjust to that program. It just makes sense to me. I'm doing well on it so far, but I'm looking for ideas for snacks that don't include cottage cheese (it's a texture thing). After reading the book I'm still scratching my head on what I'm supposed to do. I'd love to get some fresh ideas!
  • kimmerkay
    kimmerkay Posts: 110
    Options
    My snacks very often resemble a "Meal". ex.) Turkey on whole wheat or I have protein shake for my early breakfast and whip up egg substitute and veggies( potato also if high carb day) and have that for my am snack. If you eat it for a meal, it should be fine for one of your snacks. All 5 of my meals end up each being approx. the same calories.