Turbo Fire Hotties!

Options

Replies

• jovie06
    jovie06 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi guys i am a newbie, and I am so unmotivated, I get so down when I go on the scale and don't see any results. I been eating 1200 calories a day and working out, but the numbers aren't going down. I just started turbo fire but idk how to follow the nutrition guide....I am a student and it's hard to buy groceries that are needed...do you guys have any suggestions on how I can improve my diet without breaking my wallet?
  • hildar2005
    Options
    hello there im on my 7th week of turbo fire with the 20 week pogram but before that i was doing turbo jam in june 2012 these are my 10 weeks results so far . my starting weight was 168lbs and i have a 3yrd old and a 4month old and currently weigh 148lbs lost 20lbs . my main goal is 128lbs by new year. :)
    Collage.jpg
  • jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm a Turbo Fire newbie. I just finished my 3rd round of Hip Hop Abs, and decided to switch to Turbo Fire to get me off of this plateau that I've been on for the past 3 weeks. I'm on week one right now, I've upped my calories from 1200 (was starting to feel really weak on such a low number) to 17-1800 per day, and I'm already seeing results =)
  • mkahmad
    mkahmad Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just got TurboFire.. Starting this monday! :)
  • Ivarivdnoe
    Ivarivdnoe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Turbo Fire again today! The first time I didn't know what I was getting myself into and quit after the 3rd day! Now I have been walking 3 miles a day for around 3 weeks and feel like I need a boost in my workouts. Hopefully I can stick to it! :) good luck to everyone!
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! It's definitely challenging, but in my opinion, it's a super fun kind of challenge, not an OMG I'm gonna die kind.
  • jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I agree with Lulu, it's definitely a challenge, but it's fun! I did the first day of the schedule, and then decided to start the 5 day inferno workout plan. It's very hard, and I'm whipped afterward, but I feel good just knowing that I can manage to struggle trough the whole thing.
  • michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm new to Turbo Fire, I bought it months and months ago but wasn't able to start it till recently. I did the 5 day Inferno plan minus the food plan because I started after I already shopped, I did try to eat similar meals and stay around the same 1200 cals. I lost 2.4 lbs and 1.5 inches, I'm a slow loser so I was thrilled with these numbers.

I'm now on W2D2 and loving it, can't wait to see some more great results!

Good luck everyone!
  • AquaDITN
    AquaDITN Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just started TF. I love Chalene and have done Turbo Jam in the past. I'm currently on w2d1. I'm still bouncing around with my daily calorie goal. I think now I will follow the guide she gave in Fuel the Fire book. I was using freedieting.com site because MFP had me at 1200 - way too low. Looking forward to great results!
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm currently doing Fire Starter, getting ready to order the full program. I see some are doing a 12 week program and others doing a 20 week program. I thought there was only 1 Turbo Fire program, (not the other advanced TF for $120), I'm confused?? Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm currently doing Fire Starter, getting ready to order the full program. I see some are doing a 12 week program and others doing a 20 week program. I thought there was only 1 Turbo Fire program, (not the other advanced TF for $120), I'm confused?? Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!!

You can buy the advanced DVDs that turn the 12 week program into 20 off of the BB website.
    They have workouts such as HIIT 30, UPPER 20, LOWER 20 etc....
    I invested in this. I haven't done any of these extra workouts yet, as i'm not done the 12 week program, but I think it will be beneficial. I love TF, so the more workouts, the better :)
  • blasian603
    blasian603 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So I'm reading some of the posts and noticed that a lot of people feel that 1200 calories a day is too low for them. I am on a 1200 calories/day program right now. This is week 2 for me. I changed my diet when I started doing TF last week. I do feel hungry because I am eating a lot less than I have been. However, not to the point where I feel weak or lethargic or like I'm not getting enough energy. There are days when I burn 800 - 1000 calories from working out and most of the time I don't eat back my calories. There have been days that I went over 200 - 300 calories but my goal is to stay at eating around 1200 calories, whether I exercise or not. I hope this is not causing more harm than good. If I felt like I didn't have any energy to do anything then I would feel like 1200 calories/day is too low. But I still am very motivated and energetic when it comes to doing the TF classes and other exercises that I have incorporated as well.

Any thoughts?
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    So I'm reading some of the posts and noticed that a lot of people feel that 1200 calories a day is too low for them. I am on a 1200 calories/day program right now. This is week 2 for me. I changed my diet when I started doing TF last week. I do feel hungry because I am eating a lot less than I have been. However, not to the point where I feel weak or lethargic or like I'm not getting enough energy. There are days when I burn 800 - 1000 calories from working out and most of the time I don't eat back my calories. There have been days that I went over 200 - 300 calories but my goal is to stay at eating around 1200 calories, whether I exercise or not. I hope this is not causing more harm than good. If I felt like I didn't have any energy to do anything then I would feel like 1200 calories/day is too low. But I still am very motivated and energetic when it comes to doing the TF classes and other exercises that I have incorporated as well.

Any thoughts?

I came from years of that kinda low cal dieting and exercising (and worse because it's a downwards spiral) Eating 1200 calories like that can certainly help you lose weight faster, but the downside is that if you ever want to be able to eat normally again, you will likely gain the weight back when you try. As a person who's been down that road before, and made the change to only a 15% deficit (I eat 2250 cals/day average and I'm starting to get comments that my body is slimming down) I would caution you. I personally believe you are only harming your metabolism and your body but even if you don't believe that, can you see yourself maintaining that diet for the rest of your life? Just something to think about. Everyone has to choose their own path...
  • blasian603
    blasian603 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I came from years of that kinda low cal dieting and exercising (and worse because it's a downwards spiral) Eating 1200 calories like that can certainly help you lose weight faster, but the downside is that if you ever want to be able to eat normally again, you will likely gain the weight back when you try. As a person who's been down that road before, and made the change to only a 15% deficit (I eat 2250 cals/day average and I'm starting to get comments that my body is slimming down) I would caution you. I personally believe you are only harming your metabolism and your body but even if you don't believe that, can you see yourself maintaining that diet for the rest of your life? Just something to think about. Everyone has to choose their own path...

I hear you, jyska! thank you for your input. It's definitely something I will consider. I do not claim to know a lot about nutrition and am very open to hearing about other people's experiences. Thanks again! Very helpful!!
  • kiwilan
    kiwilan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've just started! I'm on Week 1 Day 3 (Rest Day). I will be doing 20 weeks!
  • ceajules
    Options
    Since January between P90x and Turbofire I have lost 19 inches!!!
    Would would like to do the same?

This is my story

Hello my name is Angel and I am 39 year old former couch potato
    I have struggled with my weight and have tried every fad diet there was and hated working out, I wanted that quick fix. A year ago heavier and out of shape I decided to try P90X however I never changed my diet and 66 days into I gave up I didnt see the results I wanted after that I continued to put on more weight after seeing some pictures of myself I said enough is enough and like everyone else on the planet in January I decided to lose weight and exercise after losing 20lbs through healthy eating I did some walking and other DVDS at home but it just wasn't cutting it. I would see the commercials and I thought I need to try that P90X again and finish it this time! After week one I thought what was I thinking I could barely do the push ups on my knees I hurt everywhere and never thought I would get better or even finish I would see myself in the mirror working out many times I cried. I kept pushing play!!! I got stronger I was bringing it! Push ups well I can bust out 100 right now if you would like :) If I can do this anyone can! I then passed the fit test for Insanity and have been doing that and I hate it and love it all at the same time. I love having muscles I love being strong I love being healthy. I graduated from P90X in August 2012 and I am so proud! and I want to help others so I became coach and began my 2nd workout Turbofire, I was scared at first because I have no coordination but I fell in love with the program and the music and I will see this through to the end 20 weeks :) I finish it before my 40th Birthday in December and I cant wait to start another program, my goal is to do all of them
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi there. My name is Tamara and I work out at my house with 2 girlfriends that I work with. We had done P90X and Chalean extreme (multiple times as she is our favorite) along with some "biggest loser" and Jillian work-outs.

I am so CLOSE to my goal....but am plateau'd weight wise (but not inch wise) in the past several months. I only lost 3.5 lbs in the past 2 months...but lost "14" more inches!!!

I am hopeful that Turbofire will get me to goal by February as I started this "healthy" lifestyle journey seriously last February and would like to be a goal by 1 year. My daughter is also getting married in May....so I am on the "mother of the bride" diet! LOL

Just started yesterday....so far so good!!!....and wow....the fire drills!

Good luck to all of you!:flowerforyou:
  • mboland76
    mboland76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Starting today, so excited! Please feel free to add me!
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 day 3 (rest) of the 20 week Fire Starter schedule. Absolutely loving it so far, though I'm not seeing any weight loss yet. I actually *gained* a few pounds but that's more than likely due to water retention from starting a new exercise routine.
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm new to Turbo Fire but not Turbo. I've had Turbo Jam for a while. I did Firestarter today and plan on fully starting the program on Monday. I'm excited!