meal plan & calories in v calories out

Options
debrag12
debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
I don't really take notice of the meal plan on the fitbit site, I just set it to a 500 calorie deficit and forget about it.

With the whole 'calories in v calories out' tile it gives you a range of calories where you are under, in the zone or over. I'd have thought that this badge and the meal plan would work together but they appear totally different.

Take Thursday for example. In the meal plan I was 217 calories over but in calories in v calories out I was 'under'.

I burnt 2769 and ate 2486, my goal was 2269. Therefore I was under my TDEE but into my deficit. At what point would I be 'in the zone'? only 283 more calories and I could be 'over'.

I know I ignore the meal plan but I hate to see red lol

Tuesday for example: burnt 2901 ate 2038. site says 'under' and 363 calories left to meet my 2401 goal in the meal planner. My fitbit app though is saying I have 598 calories left which would put me into my deficit and over budget in the meal planner.
Thursday even though I was only 283 calories away from my TDEE, the app is saying I am 1660 calories over. For some reason by goal/budget appears to be 826 calories!

I'm not sure which I should be basing my goal on when using the app, making sure that I'm 'in the zone' or 'under' or looking at the meal plan and what I have remaining?

I usually just remove the title from both the site and app, but it would be nice to actually understand them.

Could this all be due to the syncing issues even though it just fitbit?