Retail sales job & logging steps

Options
Calliope610
Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
I recently (early February) took a part-time retail sales job (in addition to my FT desk job).

Prior to this, I would walk most evenings 2-3miles, logging an average of 13000 steps/day. I don't have FitBit synced with MFP and only manually log my exercise calorie burn (i.e. calories burned during an intentional walk, complete with sneakers).

Since I started my PT job, my evening walks have been curtailed, as I work 2-3 evenings a week (5:30pm - 9:30pm). However, even on the days I work during the evenings, I get 13000-15000 steps. Today I got to my PT jobs at about 7500 steps, when I got home I'm now at 14000 steps.

I want to log the calories burned since I am fairly active, walking the sales floor for 4 hours. Should I consider walking the sales floor for 4 hours equivalent to my walking workouts which burn about 400cals (3miles, 1hr @ 3mph)?

I want to take advantage of the activity level of my PT job, but want to be realistic. I'm also a member of the MFP Move Your @$$ Challenge and didn't make my goal of 60 miles for February b/c I only log my "walking workouts" rather than total FitBit miles. Maybe log 2.5 "miles" on the evenings I work??

Thanks for any suggestions or comments.

Callie