BLC Discussion Thread

Options
nephroni
nephroni Posts: 87 Member
edited December 2023 in Social Groups
This is a place for you to ask questions regarding the challenge.

If you have registered for BLC 54, please join your team on the BLC54 WINTER ROUND Team (check your messages and your Groups to locate the team).

Thank you

Replies

• GRACIEC6
    GRACIEC6 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    BE SURE TO JOIN THIS TEAM - you will not be able to Leave a Comment or Post a Reply until you have joined the team.

Please do not start new Discussion Topics. Ask questions here!
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 1,687 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Questions about BLC? Post here or
    Learn more about the BLC by visiting our web page and go through the orientation. BLC Orientation page
  • alicia3097
    alicia3097 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just registered/almost :) I know having our profile as public is a requirement for the team leader/team to contact you. Do you have to leave it public the whole time? Reason I am asking is I now have random strangers friending me and I can’t tell if they are from this challenge or not. Just realized someone who friended me is not and not really a fan of that. Let me know if you have figured out a way around this :)
  • GRACIEC6
    Options
    alicia3097 wrote: »
    Hi! Just registered/almost :) I know having our profile as public is a requirement for the team leader/team to contact you. Do you have to leave it public the whole time? Reason I am asking is I now have random strangers friending me and I can’t tell if they are from this challenge or not. Just realized someone who friended me is not and not really a fan of that. Let me know if you have figured out a way around this :)

Alicia, we found that we can't send messages to people unless we are "friends". I am requesting friends with you now - and will then be able to send a message to you if you accept. You can delete people if you have "friended" them accidently. Once you are on the BLC team, you will be able to see the names of people who are also members. That is why it's a private team!
  • Faith24102021
    Faith24102021 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I received the green check and I wanted to know how do I find out what team I’m on.
    I apologize this is all new to me.
  • GRACIEC6
    Options
    Faith, I've messaged you with instructions!
    9hc4izz7fbx3.gifNEW MEMBERS - please read the instructions carefully. You must REQUEST to join the BLC50 team - once you're accepted, you'll see the list of team assignments that will be posted on August 24.

It's also imperative that you "friend" these members who can then message you with instructions. MFP won't send messages unless you are friends!

GRACIEC6
    AALLEY5
    NEEKEPOO
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,474 Member
    Options
    Was wondering when team invites were going to be sent. Thank you
  • GRACIEC6
    Options
    @KURTZIE - Joyce we do not send out invites. FMP doesn't allow mass mail messages like Sparks did. Team leaders need to contact their people who have not automatically started posting on the new chat threads.

Team assignments and a reminder of the starting weigh in have been posted in Announcements.
  • cmoak54
    cmoak54 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    @GRACIEC6 I know you are all very busy and i don't like bothering people, but I am new and very confused, but how do we know which team we are on? I see the chats for all the teams, but not sure which team I am on? Still working on it? Apologize for the confusion.
  • GRACIEC6
    Options
    cmoak54 wrote: »
    @GRACIEC6 I know you are all very busy and i don't like bothering people, but I am new and very confused, but how do we know which team we are on? I see the chats for all the teams, but not sure which team I am on? Still working on it? Apologize for the confusion.

I sent you a message in MFP mail -
    You requested MINIONS and that's where I placed you!

Here is the message I sent: Clare, welcome to the BLC. Please look for the BLC53 Minion chat thread and introduce yourself. Let them know you're a Newbie and are joining them for BLC54. Also, friend the Captain and co-cappies. (information on the very 1st post). Ask questions on the chat thread or contact me!
    Grace
  • dsh49
    dsh49 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1 desert tortoises
    2 minions
    3 ninjas