April 2024 check ins/chat

Options
kdavixen2841
kdavixen2841 Posts: 50 Member
edited April 28 in Social Groups
Let us know how you are doing and where you're at in your journey. Post as many times in this thread during the month of April as you'd like 🌺

Replies

• kdavixen2841
    edited April 23
    Options
    Today I was really mindful but it's been very busy so I had a lot of thoughts about eating a favorite food in excess volume. I kinda took a step back from my thoughts and realized I was not physically hungry or wanting the food, but it was the act of eating in volume to suppress feelings was what I wanted🤦🏽‍♀️. So I tried a couple of other strategies that worked in the past for me but none of them helped, so I threw a bag of steam fresh veggies in the microwave and had myself a mixed veggie platter (aka dumped the bag out on a plate). I satisfied the volume "want" while still making a better choice, still staying within my caloric/macro goals for the day, ate all of it mindfully, feeling satisfied and happy I made a good choice. Obviously I'm going to try and find other ways to quiet down that "volume" need, but I felt this was a win and wanted to share👍🏽🌺
    One day at a time! 🙌🏽
  • kdavixen2841
    Options
    Wanted to share a positive nonscale victory from today!

So as I'm waiting for some formal wear to be delivered for an event I have coming up, I decided to pop into a local store to find a "backup" plan dress lol. I actually found something I was comfortable in and I thought looked nice. Sure there's plenty I can pick apart about it but in the grand scheme of things, it was a comfortable and nice outfit (and on sale!) so I jumped on it. Normally I beat myself up all kinds of ways for a whole week after trying on clothes but today... This was my mantra ⬇️.... 🥰😂q79e5nfqbxw3.jpg
  • kdavixen2841
    Options
    Yesterday my son and husband went to a game so it was a mom and daughter day. It was fun but after she went to bed and I was still up waiting for the boys to return I noticed myself thinking more about food and wanting to snack. One of my many triggers I've noticed is boredom. I could be bored from having nothing to do but I can also get bored if I'm really busy and just want to avoid what I'm doing. Ive been journaling (when I remember) how I feel during these times, what has been working and what hasn't to try and figure out a good strategy to work though these feelings. Whats funny is that I've never been a touchy/feely person so seeing that I'm really trying to be more in tune with my feelings, not just pushing them to the side and trying to ignore them, is kinda funny to me. I can understand why CBT is used in these situations. <3
  • kdavixen2841
    Options
    wooooooo! it's the end of April!