nearing the end....

Options
rebecca_florida
rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
Hey Olympians - you've all been amazing competitors!

Only 4 days remain in the challenge, so now is the time to push for that team, individual, and/or event medal! We will be closing the competition on Friday, July 27 at 11:59 pm, London time - just after the opening ceremonies of the Olympic Games in London. We will be announcing all the medal winners shortly thereafter, both here and on the website.

Thanks for participating!

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    You know, for some reason I had the end down as tomorrow! So glad you posted this. :-)
  • rebecca_florida
    Options
    Only a few hours left! The competition ends at midnight London time (note that that means 7:00 pm Eastern time for those in the US).
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    is it me or did it reset?
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    It looks like it reset to me too, not sure though.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    It looks like it reset to me too, not sure though.
    No way!!!!

It's been glitchy and incredibly slow all week...
  • rebecca_florida
    Options
    Yeah, sorry it takes FOREVER now to calculate the standings. We made it faster to enter data last week, but fixing that somehow made everything else slow down even more. By the next Olympics we'll have worked out the glitches... LOL

All your info is there, don't worry. Sorry if it's hard to tell where you stand but I just loaded the site and everything is there - it just took about 4 minutes to load. I saw it load blank earlier today, but that's not a reset, it's just really slow pulling and calculating the data from the database.
  • scotrunner
    scotrunner Posts: 92
    Options
    I just wanted to say thanks for the idea to put this together Rebecca! I have really enjoyed it and while I haven't got mega points or been able to try a lot of new sports, I have really tried hard for those I've done. I just logged my last 10km of the challenge.

Thanks again,
    Lorraine x

Ps - I'm in the UK and it's just after 10.30 pm so you have less than 1.5 hours to log ;)
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, I wanted to say thanks for putting this challenge together. I really enjoyed it. I did some stuff that I don't normally do. Some no brainer stuff, like treading water instead of floating around on a noodle has really helped to build my arms. I actually started doing stuff with the kids in the neighbourhood like shooting hoops and jumping on the trampoline. This challenge actually got me to hook up the Wii and I have been enjoying some activities on there when it was crappy weather outside.

Thanks again for doing this. I am so glad that you are tech savvy because I ams ure that page took a lot of work, so thanks to whoever helped you with that. Carla
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Rebecca, fixing data entry was a huge help - I noticed it immediately, and was very grateful!

I'd echo Carla, you've done an amazing job, and it's been LOADs of fun.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    it was seriously SO MUCH FUN! Especially for an olympic addict like myself lo! Thank you!!