New Creation

Options
A couple of Sundays ago one of my pastors preached a sermon on how there is nothing new under the sun (Ecclesiastes 1:9) except what God makes new. He gave specific examples (creation, the flood, Son of God dying on a cross to redeem sinners, etc). He continued on about how we are new creations (2 Cor. 5:17), given new life (Romans 6:4), new command (John 13:34), new birth (1 Peter 1:34), new attitude and new self (Ephesians 4:22-24). This really hit home for me because I was carrying around the burden of something I had done and what people were thinking of me. I realized this and was able to set them down and pick up the newness of who I am in the Lord's eyes.

This week I was thinking about this struggle of food and weight, and it dawned on me...that in this area of my life I am new. If I view myself as the old self that is just what I will be, but I am not my old self; I am new. And so are you if you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord & Savior. I am not saying that I won't have sometimes fall into temptation or struggle, but when I do, I am not defined by that. I am define as new. Praying that all of you might start seeing yourself as a new creation in Christ Jesus. <3

Replies

• Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    awesome post..and i am thankful that i serve a god of second chances:flowerforyou:
  • cuteypy
    cuteypy Posts: 6
    Options
    I am so thankful we serve a God for third, fourth, fifth, sixth.. . chances:heart:
  • CCSmithers
    CCSmithers Posts: 11
    Options
    Amen, cuteypy!
  • midge69
    midge69 Posts: 22
    Options
    For when we go to the alter and ask Jesus into our heart we will become anew leaving the old at the alter.. Jesus gives us whole new attitude on life. We want to become better then we was with Jesus leading us each step of the way.. Philippians 4:6-7
    King James Version (KJV)
    6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus..
    I love that there are other Christians out here.. I have over and over in my mind think be content for we are what God made us but sometimes in sin we create alot of damage to our selves and being over weight is one of them and being one of Gods many children we want to better then we was.. We are the temple of our being