has anyone tried the zombies, run! app?

Options
Pacileo4Evers
Pacileo4Evers Posts: 129 Member
https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

Running Game & Audio Adventure

Zombies, Run! is an ultra-immersive running game for the iPhone, iPod Touch, Android and Windows Phone. We deliver the story straight to your headphones through orders and voice recordings - and back home, you can build and grow your base with the items you've collected.

Run Anywhere

Zombies, Run! works anywhere and at any speed. You can jog in a park, run along a beach, or walk along a trail, even on treadmills!
Keep the survivors alive

You automatically collect items like medicine, batteries, and ammo while running - but when you're back home, who needs them more: the soldiers or the doctors? Which buildings need extra defenses? It’s up to you - and the bigger your base, the more missions you can play.
A World of Stories

Where did the zombies come from? What are the leaders of your base planning? There’s a deeper mystery to be uncovered, puzzles to be solved, websites to be discovered, documents to be viewed so you can learn the truth of what’s happened to the world.
Your Own Music

Choose your own custom playlists before you start running: the story unfolds in between your tracks through a series of dynamic radio messages and voice recordings.
Better Fitness Through Science

Coming Soon: Zombies, Run! records the distance, time, pace, and calories burned of all your runs, and we're planning RunKeeper integration. You can also hear audio notifications for time, distance, and pace during your run.

I really want to try it! but not sure if its worth the money?

Replies

• CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have a friend on here that has it and she loves it!!!:) I think I would love it to but I dont have an ipod or anything of that nature...only a desktop computer :( lol
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Not that keen on apps in general, but this sounds really neat!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Great app! I didnt run before, but as a family, we put this app on speaker and run together in the evenings. Its amazing, well worth the money. There's a zombie run group on here at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/6504-zombies-run-group.

its got a great story, very incentive to keep running after the story is over, get online and look at your runs, gps, able township, etc on your zombie link online at www.zombiesrungame.com.
  • SilentJo
    SilentJo Posts: 66
    Options
    I've had that app sitting on my phone for a month or so (since I first heard of it on the PMS Clan forums) and I haven't tried it yet because I haven't gone to walk on the trail that's in the park nearby yet. I really need to get out there and try it but it's been so hot lately.

jo
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Got it today and done my first walk/run. I loved it and can't wait until tomorrow to find out what happens next!
  • WhimsicalOwl
    WhimsicalOwl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have it and I LOVE it! I was skeptical at first because it kind of pricey for an app, but I am really glad I bought it. I would most definitely recommend the app.
  • Bob_Sutton
    Bob_Sutton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love this app. It has made me motivated to go out and exercise, which is something I was not doing at all

I have gone through the entire main story line and can't wait for news on season 2. My only regret is that I did not do more supply run missions in between the main story missions, then I wouldn't be waiting so impatiently for next season. They have mentioned there is more content, both free and paid, coming soon.