Came across this on pinterest

"Set your alarm for 6am. Don’t groan when it goes off and pull the covers over your head, get up and start your day. Put on a baggy top and running shorts. Go downstairs and pour yourself a nice big glass of ice water. Cut up some fruit and mix it in with yogurt. Add some granola. Now go outside. Stretch for 10 minutes. Skip for 5 minutes. Jog for 10 minutes. Run for 10 minutes. Walk back. Lay out a towel on the ground and lie down on it. Do 50 crunches. Yes, they hurt, but they are 100% worth it. When you’re done, get in the shower. Use a nice smelling shampoo and matching conditioner. Shave your legs and wash your body. Exfoliate your face. Get out of the shower and let your hair air dry. Look in the mirror. Do you like what you see? If you do, good for you. Do this every day and you will continue to love yourself. If you don’t like what you see, do this every day and pretty soon you will. Being lazy might feel good at the time, but being active feels better in the long run. How badly do you want it?"

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    I find it is easier to do solo based exercises (going to the gym, swimming laps) in the morning.

When I exercise in the evening, it is often playing a sport with others. I have taken either morning or evening exercise classes.

Working out soon after waking up feels good to me.
  • Ihiso7
    Ihiso7 Posts: 13
    I am going to try and start a routine and see if I can't find one that works for me. I have always been a big .. I will do what I want when I want .. kind of girl ..lol. As I get older .. and the energy is fading .. that isn't working out so great for me anymore. It is way easier to take a nap..lol.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Yeah, sounds great but my alarm is already set for 6am, any earlier and I'd need to go to bed before it even gets dark out...yeah not gonna happen. I like the concept but sometimes you have to work with what fits in your schedule.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Yeah, sounds great but my alarm is already set for 6am, any earlier and I'd need to go to bed before it even gets dark out...yeah not gonna happen. I like the concept but sometimes you have to work with what fits in your schedule.

^^ This.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Obviously this won't work for me. I don't have stairs to go down :(
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    And no way am I shaving my legs everyday.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    What the hell is 6am?? I thought time started at 8 am.
  • What the hell is 6am?? I thought time started at 8 am.

:laugh:

OH, I wish I could go back to the days when I thought that... except for me, it was more like 10a.m.

When school is in session, I already get up at about 5:15a.m. to get myself and the kids up and ready, so, nope, I'm not getting up at 4a.m. to do all of that!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member

Seriously. I do not get enough sleep as it is - getting up earlier and getting less sleep is not going to happen. I am a girl who needs 8-10 hours of sleep, I get around 6 or less on average.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    I BARELY make it out the door. I've tried, but I'm a night exerciser.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    I BARELY make it out the door. I've tried, but I'm a night exerciser.

me too! like 2AM at night. working nights my life is all flipped around. weekends especially.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    What the hell is 6am?? I thought time started at 8 am.

:laugh: Yep! this^^
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    What benefit am I going to get shaving my legs? :tongue:
  • Ihiso7
    Ihiso7 Posts: 13
    OMG! You all are dorks! lol. It was more about making a routine and sticking with it.