Vegan at Last

Options
maradot
maradot Posts: 95 Member
Hello,

My name is Mara

I have been a vegetarian from time to time, but this is the first time I have embraced the vegan diet. As I have mentioned on some other posts, I recently saw a terrific documentary on Hulu.com called Forks Over Knives. Wow! The medical information is overwhelming concerning animal protein and cancer, heart disease and other chronic ailments. Also, of course, the role simple carbohydrates and processed fats have played in chronic illness. So, what conclusion can one have but - let's go Vegan.

This is day 2. I notice that my calorie intake has gone down, but I feel fuller sooner. In the interest of eating whole foods, I am tying the Vegan diet to the macro-biotic diet. I am at the age where I have to make some changes, and while this may seem severe to some - I think it is the best way to reduce my chances of developing a chronic disease.

All hail Kale!:laugh:

Replies

• LolaVersion2
    LolaVersion2 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    HI Mara!

Congrats on your switch to a new healthy and compassionate lifestyle. You won't regret it ;-)

I love the Macrobiotic lifestyle. I have read many books by George Ohsawa and Michio Kushi! I do not practice 100% Macrobiotic any longer, but I definitely learned many things from embracing it, such as: the importance of locally grown and in season produce, how to cook traditionally, how to eat mindfully, which eventually paved the way towards spirituality, meditation and yoga.
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    All the best, Mara! I hope you find something that works for you! Congrats on making the switch. :flowerforyou:
  • quiescentaureateserpent
    Options
    Mara,

I wish you all the best in what you are trying to do. If there is any help that you need I am pretty sure that you can find it here. =^.^= Making a change is never easy but sometimes it is the best thing. So congratulations on making the change.

Sincerely,

QAS
  • RolyPolyPudding
    Options
    Congratz on your decision !!

I love being vegan and will never look back.

My blood sugar is now testing in the normal range, my blood pressure and resting pulse are down as well and I have a clear conscience that suffering was eliminated or at least miminized in order to feed me.

You rock ! :flowerforyou: