Q for the women: Shirtless pic: OK, or tacky?

So, is it OK for a guy to post a shirtless pic on an on line dating site? Or is this just too tacky? Various on-line dating "experts" disagree, so it's time for some real world data. Cast your vote: "OK" or "Tacky". (Or whatever else you'd like to say)

Replies

• Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    I love it... LOL -- but I'm a very visual creature. :flowerforyou:

Edited:

Dang -- I just looked at your photos...YEAH, POST the one you have here... HOT!
  • I think it's tacky. ESPECIALLY if it's his main pic and he's standing in front of his bathroom mirror taking a self-portrait.

There is plenty of time for me to see your manly chest.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    I appreciate your effort with this question.

But the question is flawed.

With the way the question is phrased, most women are going to call the shirtless pic tacky, or say something like "It depends on body type".

The way the question should be framed should be something along the lines of "Do you tend to date/have sex with/be more physically attracted to men with shirtless pics?" You could pick any of those three or make it a 1 A-C type question. The types of answers you get with this question produce more valuable insights than the way you've framed the question.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    I appreciate your effort with this question.

But the question is flawed.

With the way the question is phrased, most women are going to call the shirtless pic tacky, or say something like "It depends on body type".

The way the question should be framed should be something along the lines of "Do you tend to date/have sex with/be more physically attracted to men with shirtless pics?" You could pick any of those three or make it a 1 A-C type question. The types of answers you get with this question produce more valuable insights than the way you've framed the question.

I think it just goes to show body type.... so, will a man that is highly overweight post a shirtless pic? Probably not, but a man that's working his butt off and looks fab without one on, yeah, post it. It's just the same as a girl showing cleavage in her photo or wearing a really tight blouse. I don't have cleavage shots, but I think most guys can tell I'm "chesty" from my pics. I like it... don't think it's tacky at all. But again, I really appreciate the human body. I think it's art.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    I think it's tacky. ESPECIALLY if it's his main pic and he's standing in front of his bathroom mirror taking a self-portrait.

There is plenty of time for me to see your manly chest.

Definitely has to be done tastefully... agreed.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Tacky unless it's from the beach or pool. No mirror pics please.
  • bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Tacky unless it's from the beach or pool. No mirror pics please.

Yup! Outdoorsy activities are great. Posing in mirror, especially if the phone is covering your face or the photo is cropped above your neck, no bueno.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Depends on what you're looking for and what type of pic. I typically see guys who post shirtless pics of them posing to show off the muscles as just looking for quick flings/sex (and thus, I don't really take them seriously). Then again, a guy out at the pool, beach or rafting with friends shirtless in a candid seems fun and confident.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    If he looks good I'm more inclined to check out his profile. For the most part though, guys that post those pictures aren't a match when it gets beyond the aesthetics.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Eh, I'm not going to lie, I'd probably perv on the pic for a minute, then check out the profile :laugh:

But whether or not I would do anything besides look would depend on what the profile says and what personality vibe I get from it. If I get the impression they're just looking to bang, then I would just enjoy the eye candy and move along.
  • Depends on what you're looking for and what type of pic. I typically see guys who post shirtless pics of them posing to show off the muscles as just looking for quick flings/sex (and thus, I don't really take them seriously). Then again, a guy out at the pool, beach or rafting with friends shirtless in a candid seems fun and confident.

THIS
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    I say TACKY! I literally close the page on hot guys taking shirtless photos. The only exception is a photo taken on the beach in swim trucks. That's how most men dress there so it doesn't seem like showing off. So I suppose that's more of the issue to me... confidence is attractive; over-confidence is SO NOT!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Tacky.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    just my two cents. i wud rather be pleasantly surprised when i meet u in person and we even get to that point lol. if u have a shirtless pic i almost wouldn't take u seriously because i wud think a. ur only looking to hook up or for a physical relationship
    and b. you are conceited. just my 2cents. :smile:
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Tacky. Sends a message of being overly confident & shallow. An appropriate outdoors pic is fine but not as the main pic.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Okay: If it's a picture of you at the beach or doing something that makes sense for you to have no shirt on. And it's not overly posed or anything.

Tacky: Standing in your bathroom mirror flexing your muscles.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    I think you should post something like this

tumblr_m7ba2xfE9u1qasthro1_r1_500.png

or take some pointers from these:

guy+poses_622b0f_3305067.jpg
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Okay: If it's a picture of you at the beach or doing something that makes sense for you to have no shirt on. And it's not overly posed or anything.

Yep, that's what I think too!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I'm more interested in your face - smile/eyes :bigsmile:

I also think that it can send a message that you're only looking for sex and/or a woman with an equally good physique.

Obviously it's fine on a fitness site tho :flowerforyou:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member

Yep, that's what I think too!

Same here too!