Progress Updates

Options
Feel free to post about any kind of progress here - NSVs, numbers on the scale, anything!

Replies

• kandbabies
    kandbabies Posts: 15
    Options
    Last year, I was 220lb, and with WW managed to get down to about 210. But it got to be too rigorous and mundane (and expensive) so I quit. A month ago, I was shocked to see I had climbed up to 230! NEVER AGAIN! In the last four weeks, all on my own, I've eased back down to 224, but I've still got quite a ways to go to get myself where I want to be.

So even though I've got a long-term goal of 165lbs, I'm going to set my short-term goal at 199 by New Year's - "Under 200!" Hopefully, it will be the first time I've been under 200 since I got married 8 years ago.

I got a free Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone that has 4 different brisk-paced walks, and I've been walking 2 or 3 miles daily. Today was 3 miles! We can do it!
  • AmberLeighD
    AmberLeighD Posts: 112
    Options
    I've lost 9lbs so far this month alone!! 3lbs in the last 7 days! & Today I left the 190s behind.. currently 189!!! - 117lbs lost! **doing my happy dance**
  • kandbabies
    kandbabies Posts: 15
    Options
    You're an inspiration to me, Amber! Congratulations to you! Hopefully, I'll get down that low myself soon!
  • AmberLeighD
    AmberLeighD Posts: 112
    Options
    Just remember we didn't put it on in a day.. it's not going to come off in a day.
    What I eat today is something I can maintain for a lifetime.
  • MaryChaCha
    MaryChaCha Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It is sad how easily it comes back on. Kudos to you for getting on track before an even bigger number showed up. I've got a ways to go, so I, too, am making a smaller goal for New Years!

Good luck!
    Mary
  • trott27
    trott27 Posts: 34
    Options
    Just remember we didn't put it on in a day.. it's not going to come off in a day.
    What I eat today is something I can maintain for a lifetime.

This is definitely something I need to remember! I always want to lose weight immediately.
  • MaryChaCha
    Options
    Smart words...I know I want to blink and have my weight lower, but there are not many calories burned in blinking!!! So instead, I will keep plugging away!
  • MaryChaCha
    Options
    My big progress was strictly getting on the scale this morning! Because of my daily fluctuations, I've avoided the scale for months. Well, I'm happy to say that I got on and was NOT more than what I have on MFP at my last weigh-in (2011.) I also took my measurements, and there were no changes there. I guess that's a lot to say since I've been "hiding" from reality for a long while! I expected the numbers to go way up, but am happy they have not.

Now, to make my numbers go down....
  • ritzema5
    ritzema5 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any scale-related victories or progress lately, but I did notice an NSV the other day. I had to buy rabbit food for my daughter's rabbits and decided to buy the 50 pound bag so I wouldn't have to make a trip back to the store so soon. I was able to carry that 50 pound bag up to the front of the store and then out to my car (I forgot to grab a cart when I got in the store). Yes, I was tired when I got to the car, but I did it. And then it occurred to me that I've lost 50 pounds. That means that 7 months ago I carried that much with me wherever I went. No wonder I was tired all the time.
  • 11kimberly11
    11kimberly11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any scale-related victories or progress lately, but I did notice an NSV the other day. I had to buy rabbit food for my daughter's rabbits and decided to buy the 50 pound bag so I wouldn't have to make a trip back to the store so soon. I was able to carry that 50 pound bag up to the front of the store and then out to my car (I forgot to grab a cart when I got in the store). Yes, I was tired when I got to the car, but I did it. And then it occurred to me that I've lost 50 pounds. That means that 7 months ago I carried that much with me wherever I went. No wonder I was tired all the time.

So true! Awesome job!
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I am down 4 pounds since last monday! I am down a dress size. It may not be much but who knew even just a size smaller could make you feel great. Its still not a great size but its a dress that actually made me feel and look great!
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I am down 4 pounds since last monday! I am down a dress size. It may not be much but who knew even just a size smaller could make you feel great. Its still not a great size but its a dress that actually made me feel and look great!

That is AWESOME!!! Great job! I lost a pound, but I am happy with that mini victory! Everyone is doing so great!
  • AmberLeighD
    Options
    Today I actually wore a dress that stopped at my knees... it was soo cute, and I felt great in it. I got quite a few compliments. I haven't worn a dress in over 10 years b/c of my weight.

Here's the dress: http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-sleeveless-solid-cotton-modal-fit-and-flare-dress~242405_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::MUS&CM_MERCH=IDX_sale-_-women-_-dresses-skirts-_-dresses&origin=index

I wore it with a little black lace cami that peeked through at the top.. and a black sash at the empire waist.. with my cute black sandals with heels. :)

BTW.. It was a Petite L 14-16 (woohoo!)
  • hauer01
    Options
    Today I actually wore a dress that stopped at my knees... it was soo cute, and I felt great in it. I got quite a few compliments. I haven't worn a dress in over 10 years b/c of my weight.

Here's the dress: http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-sleeveless-solid-cotton-modal-fit-and-flare-dress~242405_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::MUS&CM_MERCH=IDX_sale-_-women-_-dresses-skirts-_-dresses&origin=index

I wore it with a little black lace cami that peeked through at the top.. and a black sash at the empire waist.. with my cute black sandals with heels. :)

BTW.. It was a Petite L 14-16 (woohoo!)

That is great! You should be very proud of yourself. Wow, down 117 is amazing!!!!
  • kandbabies
    Options
    Ohmygosh! I'm FINALLY feeling better! Now time to get back on track with the exercising! Good to be logged back in and re-set my goals.
  • hauer01
    Options
    Hello all!

My name is Renee! I have been an member of MFP for about 5 1/2 to 6 months. My goal, by new years day, is to fit into a pair of pants that are only a single digit! I started this journey wearing size 24 pants, I am now at size 16/14 pants. I would LOVE it to get below a size 10.

^^^^^ Was what I posted at the beginning of this.

I am happy to say that this week-end, I needed to go buy some more pants and I am now a size 12. (Could possible be a size 10, but I didn't even try them on yet).

Only 2 sizes to go and will I have met my goal.

How is everyone else doing?