Week 3 - Friday 7/27/12

Options
GrammaBonnie
GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
I'm surprised that no one started this thread yet. Is this group defunct??? I'm hoping not!

I didn't get to do my pushups yesterday. Instead, I spent about 4 hours sweeping out a basement, and then mopping it (with a heavy, old-fashioned, string mop!) I did manage to burn over 900 calories! :) I am tired.

I only drank 8 cups of water yesterday. That doesn't seem to be enough for me.

I was feeling like I needed a full rest day -- and I didn't really want to do any pushups. I decided the best thing is to re-take my initial test. I went from 6 to 20 in three weeks! I wish it were more, but I'm ok with that.

I'll figure out where I am now on the chart, and will try to do my own week three, on Monday, using whatever column feels right. I hope I won't be alone!

Replies

• forgetmenotcj
    forgetmenotcj Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing my pushups like I should but I am up to about 20 now as well. Also, 8 cups of water is definitely not enough. You should be drinking 1/2 your body weight. So if you weigh 150, at least 75 ounces of water. :)
  • StevenJColquitt
    StevenJColquitt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hope it's still going. I know I joined late but I would still like to participate.
  • brunagota
    brunagota Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm still on it too!
    this week I re done week2 so now I'm working on week3
    I do sunday tuesday and thurday
    so today was 12/17/13/13/17
    and I did exactly that.. I usualy can do more at the end but this time my arms wouldnt let me.
    I'm thinking it had to do with the fact I workout too much today.. lets see how next day goes
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Also, 8 cups of water is definitely not enough. You should be drinking 1/2 your body weight. So if you weigh 150, at least 75 ounces of water. :)
    Thanks for the reminder, Forgetmenot!
    Steven, I'm glad you joined us! Don't hesitate to repeat days or weeks -- as many of us have.
    Brunagota, glad you are still here. I didn't see you for a bit, and was getting concerned!

A short time ago, there was a larger group. The group leader seems to have disappeared, as have most of the others. I struggle doing this three times a week, but life should be getting easier after tomorrow, and I'm committed to this challenge. I plan to keep this group going, as long as there is at least one other person posting three times per week. (I just don't want to post if no one else is!)

Brunagota, feel free to start the new topics. If you haven't, I'll post tomorrow. I'll be doing Week 3 Day 1 of the program, even though it will be the groups Week 4! Good luck, everyone!
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    I'm surprised that no one started this thread yet. Is this group defunct??? I'm hoping not!

I didn't get to do my pushups yesterday. Instead, I spent about 4 hours sweeping out a basement, and then mopping it (with a heavy, old-fashioned, string mop!) I did manage to burn over 900 calories! :) I am tired.

I only drank 8 cups of water yesterday. That doesn't seem to be enough for me.

I was feeling like I needed a full rest day -- and I didn't really want to do any pushups. I decided the best thing is to re-take my initial test. I went from 6 to 20 in three weeks! I wish it were more, but I'm ok with that.

I'll figure out where I am now on the chart, and will try to do my own week three, on Monday, using whatever column feels right. I hope I won't be alone!

I'm still here and I appreciate you keeping up on the topic threads! I'm a scatterbrain and forget to log in, I'll try to be better though!!! THANK YOU THOUGH!!!! :flowerforyou: