Week One Challenge 7/29-8/5

The Outdoor Challenge
~Try to do at least 3 hours of outdoor activity this week. Too many people get caught up in the gym or at home and neglect the benefits of working out outdoors. Go for a walk, a bike ride, a rollerblade, a jog, a swim, anything!
Take advantage of the good weather while you still can :)
For those of you who exercise outdoors regularly, try a new activity! If you're jogger, try rollerblading! If you're a bicyclist, grab a friend and hit the courts!

First Check In: Wednesday August 1

Have fun!

Replies

• mesee619
    mesee619 Posts: 84 Member
    Sounds fun.
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    I'll give it a go, but the weather over here in the UK seems to be turning again D:
  • Suaso
    Suaso Posts: 48
    Weather permitting of course :)
    Vancouver has been known to turn on its residents without notice so fingers crossed for a good week here!
  • achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    3 hours of swimming for me, I am ready to start!
  • Kurrsteee
    Kurrsteee Posts: 72 Member
    Sounds good to me, I need some motivation to actually get up and walk to the bank!
  • SaxophoneNerd
    SaxophoneNerd Posts: 59 Member
    Today I took a half hour walk outside. The weather is lovely here in Chicago. :)
  • JaiHot
    JaiHot Posts: 1
    Man im feeding this I hate going outside! Here in Florida the heat is unbarable!
  • I am totally in! I just joined this group today but tomorrow is going to be awesome! I think my 3 hours will be mall walking, We have an amazing outdoor mall and if the weather is not so nice, an indoor mall. :) I figure that 3 hours of window shopping for back to school will be well earned after I lose 10 pounds. :)
  • clmaeda13
    clmaeda13 Posts: 2
    I like that goal! My boyfriend and I just got back from a mile walk...it was lovely! Now it just needs to become a regular occurrence, and not just a one time thing. But I just joined, so here goes :-)
  • jltaft21
    jltaft21 Posts: 34 Member
    Hi everyone. I just joined. Outside is not very possible for me in this 111 degree Vegas heat. I will try to swim and I definitely like the mall walking and window shopping idea ;)
  • jltaft21
    jltaft21 Posts: 34 Member
    I also did 45 minutes of TurboJam tonight. WOO HOO!
  • krsloane
    krsloane Posts: 13
    Ooh..Outside is hard for me this time of year....it is soooo hot, but I'll try. What a great idea to start this group by the way!
  • carebearhere
    carebearhere Posts: 37 Member
    I do 100 mins of walking a day, so this is an easy goal for me. Unfortunately, its winter here, so it's as windy as hell, but whatever, a good resistance workout? :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member

Take advantage of the good weather while you still can :)

First Check In: Wednesday August 1

Have fun!

I live in Australia... Middle of winter? No thank you.
  • I go to the track at least for mornings a week to walk 3 miles so the outside part won't be hard it will be doing another activity besides walking for an hour. Today is yard work...lol...wish me luck :)
  • sfarra111
    sfarra111 Posts: 2
    I am in, no matter what the weather!
  • mtmom1012
    mtmom1012 Posts: 31 Member
    Perfect as I'm on vacation in the Minnesota northwoods! We live outside here! Thanks!
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Super hot here but I will try. My kids have been begging to go to the park. But between the 90+ days and the mosquitoes that can carry off small children I haven't braved it.
  • flyingpurplemonkey
    flyingpurplemonkey Posts: 105 Member
    This is a great idea, but unfortunately, not something I can do. I already go running several times a week, and I have no equipment (bike, skates, anything to help my switch it up). That is one of the reasons I run to begin with. But I want to encourage everyone else and wish you all the best!
  • bewitched2982
    bewitched2982 Posts: 93 Member
    I take about a 30 minute walk early every morning, but I"m not sure I will be able to do more than that outside as the high for the next week is over 105 every day! I will definitely try to do the minutes though!
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 410 Member
    Pretty hot in Ontario this week! A sweaty hour hiking yesterday, an even sweatier 1.5 hours playing softball tonight, thinking playing basketball with my son in the driveway tomorrow will wrap up my three hours! Fun idea! :tongue:
  • I've been gone most of the summer, so I haven't had a chance to ride my bike! I'm really excited about this challenge. :3
  • Faye730
    Faye730 Posts: 32
    I'm will be walking.
  • dmcrass
    dmcrass Posts: 6
    I'm going to have to get up early for this one! Our highs this week are at 106 degrees. It can hit 85 degrees by 9am or so. My plan is to do some gardening a little bit each morning to hit this goal.
  • Blue_Mint
    Blue_Mint Posts: 31 Member
    I went swimming today. I always forget that not only is it a good workout, but that if feels so good on a hot day!
  • Dorianlg
    Dorianlg Posts: 65 Member
    Atlanta is a billion gazillion degrees! Despite this, I have walked at least 2 miles every day this week. And today I started my 30 day shred, so hopefully, when school starts on the 29th, there will be some secret improvement. I'd really really like to be under 170 when school starts. (I say this, but if I wanted it so badly, I didn't really need that hot toddy now did I?)
  • Faye730
    Faye730 Posts: 32
    I walked three hours already..Still trying to get this water weight off!!
    :sad:
  • achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    Water weight is my biggest enemy!! You are not alone!!! lol.

But seriously... I can gain up to 8 lbs a day if I am not consistent with my sodium intake... I just recently added it onto my tracked macros and it has helped a HUGE amount with the fluctuations.
  • cehall422
    cehall422 Posts: 32 Member
    Hi everyone! Thursday and Friday I went on a mini vacation. First day I went to the beach and did some swimming for about an hour. Then I did lots of walking on the boardwalk and at the outlets. Sadly I have gotten some bad sun burn on my lap so moving around has become a little painful. Next week will be better!