A quick poll..........

Options
2»

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I would see if he wants to meet a third time. It would be strange to me, but could just be what he's like. If everything else went swell then why not? On that note, I wouldn't be horribly surprised if I got a text later saying "Sorry, just not feeling it".

I guess my answer is "Roll with it."
  • asusteffie
    asusteffie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A daytime date is awkward. I'd reserve judgement for the next time I met him, hopefully, in a more of a romantic setting.:flowerforyou:

Exactly. Whose idea was the day time date?

The only day time date that makes sense is one that is centered around some sort of activity like a walk around a lake, playing tennis, etc. Since you live in Arizona, and it is really hot there, that's probably not what happened.

Our first date was dinner before I went in to work. He works out of town and is only in town for 2 days a week. I was working both of his days off so we met before I headed in to work. I work night shift so it was a dinner date. I sent him a thank you, had a great time text and we chatted via text. I forgot my leftovers at the restaurant and he offered to bring me lunch (1am) at work. He drove in from another town, about 45 minutes, to bring me lunch. It was actually a very sweet gesture and one that I very much appreciated. I wasn't expecting much but thanked him and went to give him a hug. That is when the loose hug and pat occurred. Needless to say I was a bit confused and really not sure if he liked me. All the things he was doing said yes but the hug threw me off.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    A daytime date is awkward. I'd reserve judgement for the next time I met him, hopefully, in a more of a romantic setting.:flowerforyou:

The only day time date that makes sense is one that is centered around some sort of activity like a walk around a lake, playing tennis, etc. Since you live in Arizona, and it is really hot there, that's probably not what happened.

Our first date was dinner before I went in to work. He works out of town and is only in town for 2 days a week. I was working both of his days off so we met before I headed in to work. I work night shift so it was a dinner date. I sent him a thank you, had a great time text and we chatted via text. I forgot my leftovers at the restaurant and he offered to bring me lunch (1am) at work. He drove in from another town, about 45 minutes, to bring me lunch. It was actually a very sweet gesture and one that I very much appreciated. I wasn't expecting much but thanked him and went to give him a hug. That is when the loose hug and pat occurred. Needless to say I was a bit confused and really not sure if he liked me. All the things he was doing said yes but the hug threw me off.

He is just doing what any guy that isn`t sure where you stand would do.
    You think in that situation there was going to be a close hug and maybe a kiss?
    As I said before,do not expect more from him then you indicate is okay.

Call him up and talk to him,let him know you like him and for Gods sake stop trying to read a story into a very natural and expected chain of actions.
  • asusteffie
    asusteffie Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Call him up and talk to him,let him know you like him and for Gods sake stop trying to read a story into a very natural and expected chain of actions.

As I said before, we are still getting to know each other. We text daily and see each other when we can. I was posting this poll in response to a conversation this guy and I had. It has been interesting to read everyone's responses. The women pretty much viewed it as I did and the guys viewed it in a completely different. Thanks for the input ; )
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hugs weird me out. I totally give limp one handed hugs all the time, especially with people I don't know that well. My family and female friends call me out on it all the time. Something about spontaneous physical contact that is not a punch or a kick catches me off guard. I get over it after being with a chick for a while.

Maybe he is crazy like me.

:)
  • Carl01
    Options

As I said before, we are still getting to know each other. We text daily and see each other when we can. I was posting this poll in response to a conversation this guy and I had. It has been interesting to read everyone's responses. The women pretty much viewed it as I did and the guys viewed it in a completely different. Thanks for the input ; )

Largely I think because women frame it in the light of the fantasy they wish for rather then the realities of day to day life.
    That is not in any way intended to be an insult so please no one take it that way...just how the different genders tend to often view things.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options

Largely I think because women frame it in the light of the fantasy they wish for rather then the realities of day to day life.
    That is not in any way intended to be an insult so please no one take it that way...just how the different genders tend to often view things.

Not taking it as an insult.

But the reason we tend to think the way we do is because men condition us to do so.

If 9 out of 10 men that I've dated kiss/hug me at the end of the date, then the 1 man who didn't try must not be interested. On the other hand, that's how my first husband won my heart many moons ago. I was so used to being attacked and malled by guys that when he presented himself as a gentleman who actually cared about what I wanted and needed, he won me over. :love:

So... yeah... we women are very confusing creatures... I admit... :tongue:

:flowerforyou:
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Hugs weird me out. I totally give limp one handed hugs all the time, especially with people I don't know that well. My family and female friends call me out on it all the time. Something about spontaneous physical contact that is not a punch or a kick catches me off guard. I get over it after being with a chick for a while.

Maybe he is crazy like me.

:)

I am sort of the same way.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't drive 45mins to give a girl I didn't like "lunch " at 1am at night. He likes you for sure. I also wouldn't give out a lame hug but some guys are different.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    He drove in from another town, about 45 minutes, to bring me lunch. It was actually a very sweet gesture and one that I very much appreciated. I wasn't expecting much but thanked him and went to give him a hug. That is when the loose hug and pat occurred. Needless to say I was a bit confused and really not sure if he liked me. All the things he was doing said yes but the hug threw me off.
    As I said before, we are still getting to know each other. We text daily and see each other when we can.
    Girls are ridiculous, but hilarious at the same time.

Anyway, just found someone posted a topic in another forum:
    "I drove 45 *kitten* minutes to bring the lunch to a woman who I quite like, but as she was going to thank me, she only leaned forward in order to give me a hug... What do you guys think? Does she like me? I just gave her a hug in return, but I must say I was a bit disappointed at her mild reaction."

Or in one sentence: I agree with Carl.

PS: and men, just grope the women you like... If she likes you, she'll be OK with that anyway. Word.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options

"I drove 45 *kitten* minutes to bring the lunch to a woman who I quite like, but as she was going to thank me, she only leaned forward in order to give me a hug... What do you guys think? Does she like me? I just gave her a hug in return, but I must say I was a bit disappointed at her mild reaction."

PS: and men, just grope the women you like... If she likes you, she'll be OK with that anyway. Word.

I know you're being facetious, Flam, but there is likely some grain of truth to your last statement... there is a fine line there, but truthfully, when I've been in to someone and they push the line, they're more likely to get a slight waiver as long as it's not TOO far across the line!

I think we all just confuse each other. I read on here how many guys don't kiss on the first date then many women say if a guy doesn't, they assume the guy isn't in to them. We just need checklists, haha...
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I know you're being facetious, Flam, but there is likely some grain of truth to your last statement... there is a fine line [...]
    I was only being facetious by exaggerating the truth... Yes, it's a fine line - and that's where men must be careful, but apart from that, I live by this principle (and it has not always been the case, I used to be too distant with girls!).
    I'd rather lose a girl because I'm rejected than because I'm too slow.

And also, when a girl pushes you back if (as a man) you back off cleanly, simply, without a fuss as she asked you (and take no offence for it), and let the girls take things at her own pace, she might actually come back to you later and be the one to re-initiate.
    This, of course, works much better when you have several options (= meet enough girls during your nights out) since you don't see the girl as your only chance to be involved in a relationship, and you just leave her alone/ignore her in a "Hey! I'm cool with what happened! Don't worry." way, which somehow makes the girl think that maybe you're actually a decent man who respects her boundaries.
  • Carl01
    Options

I know you're being facetious, Flam, but there is likely some grain of truth to your last statement... there is a fine line there, but truthfully, when I've been in to someone and they push the line, they're more likely to get a slight waiver as long as it's not TOO far across the line!

I think we all just confuse each other. I read on here how many guys don't kiss on the first date then many women say if a guy doesn't, they assume the guy isn't in to them. We just need checklists, haha...

The point is though he has done a lot (a 45 minute drive at 1 am to bring lunch) and yet because a hoped for or expected (without really knowing him that well) hug is suddenly the sign he has no interest?

Come on ladies,why torture yourselves this way,it really is silly.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Interested men and women kiss each other. Let's keep it simple and real.
  • Carl01
    Options
    In contrast...

Opinions wanted...

I have been talking/texting this guy a bit and we got together for dinner,it was great,
    Nice easy flow of conversation,laughs,everything seems good.
    Our second meeting was later when after discovering I had forgotten my leftovers he drove 44 minutes to bring them to me as I work night shift and it was 1:00 am.
    It was sweet and I was very appreciative so leaned in to give him a little hug.

Instead of that he grabbed me and pulled me in close and also tried to kiss me.
    I was a bit shocked as we have only seen each other only a couple of times and just thought this was inappropriate and uncomfortable.

Do you all agree or was his actions justified?

Could easily have been the thread instead of what the OP posted and guessing the reactions from the ladies would have been a lot different with the change of context.

This is the reality guys are expected to live in.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options

Agreed. I also agree with Flam...I don't mind being groped a little if I like the guy. :love:
  • Carl01
    Options

Agreed. I also agree with Flam...I don't mind being groped a little if I like the guy. :love:

Duly noted. :bigsmile:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Duly noted. :bigsmile:

:laugh: you sexy beast Shelleeeeeee!! :bigsmile: