Brand New Group! Join ARIA Users!

Options
HappENEway
HappENEway Posts: 10 Member
I just got mine. I didn't find a group on the website that had it, so I started my own. I also have the FitBit tracker, and the two together are a powerful force to motivate my weight loss. How about you?

Replies

• Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I got mine right before I joined MFP. I have been a little disappointed because, first it weight almost 2 pounds of my other scale, but since then it doesn't weigh the same consistently even within the same few minutes..... I've tried it in several spots...LOL!

Not sure what to think.
  • HappENEway
    HappENEway Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hmm...mine doesn't do that, the variation thing. Maybe you have a defective one? And mine was almost exactly the same as my other scale as well. I still don't understand the whole body fat percentage thing. I would love to kow how it calculates that. This number swings a few ticks all the time.
  • Fogcar
    Fogcar Posts: 3
    Options
    Most scales like aria measure fat by "Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis". See if this article helps you at all.
    http://www.brianmac.co.uk/fatbia.htm
    I wouldn't use the fat% as an absolute, but if you measure yourself the same time of day (so you are at about the same level of hydration and your feet are at the same dampness, ...) , you should be able to use the fat % as a comparison against a previous measurement.
  • Baroness
    Baroness Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I have ordered an Aria scale from Amazon - just waiting for it to arrive. (Im in New Zealand, so the postage takes a bit longer)
    Im hoping to stay motivated on my weight loss goal. Im also looking for tips and tricks on using the Aria effectively.
    Monica.
  • TLW1711
    TLW1711 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I managed to get my Aria Scales during Amazon Black Friday deals week. Love them.... I've also signed up for FITBIT premium so I get the lovely graphs and info too. Perfect for me.

My WI day is a Monday and the new scales make it bearable because I've got more information to work with.
  • karenallen78
    Options
    I am a newbie to all of this...Got my Aria scale for Christmas, my Fitbit Ultra back in August (which I love) and joined MFP yesterday. I had a lot of trouble getting my Aria scale set up with my wi-fi, but finally managed to figure it out on my own after corresponding with the Fitbit technical support team, upgrading my home wi-fi network, etc. (long story though). Joined 3 groups on MFP so far. Looking forward to making more progress in 2013.
  • WHR200
    WHR200 Posts: 20
    Options
    I have both the One fitbit tracker and the Aria scale. I am was wondering does anyone have any positive or negative things about the scale. The One tracker is awesome but I am sill debating about the Aria scale.
  • beetoo
    beetoo Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the Fitbit 1 and the Aria scale. I love both. The scale is motivating, since it syncs you do not want to see the scale go up and have it on your report!
  • WHR200
    WHR200 Posts: 20
    Options
    Good to hear that. At first I was not happy because I would different weights within minutes. I now just go with the first measurement and hope it gives me positive results.