Introduction

Options
kgirl74
kgirl74 Posts: 3 Member
Hi Everyone, Im Kristi and I just had my lap band 3 weeks ago today. Im excited for all the possibilities and of course want the weight to come off quicker. Im scared to under eat and over eat its amazing how you analyze everything now, every weird feeling in your stomach, any pull or pain, I know im still healing but I always wonder if im going to be doing something wrong. I did great with the 2 weeks of post op liquids and this 2 weeks is supposed to be pureed foods. I feel like I can eat more than im supposed to be eating even though it still only ='s about 800 calories. I realize im not filled yet so Im curious how most people do there first 4-6 weeks before your filled?
Im excited to be on here and meet some great people to help inspire and be motivated by while getting some great advice too!

Replies

• suegmune
    suegmune Posts: 81
    Options
    Hi Kristi :)

I was banded on 6/15 and the first few weeks were ROUGH. At the end of the pureed diet, I was wanting more, but not eating more, and I was losing the least amount of weight. As soon as I started eating real food, and bringing my calories up over 1000 (which was REALLY hard in the beginning), I started losing again. And yes, I have eaten more than I'm supposed to (more than 3/4 of a cup) many times, but still staying under my calorie goal. But, I'm losing about 2 lbs a week, so I *think* I'm ok. I almost think my body just froze up from not having enough calories when i was in the pureed diet...800 cals is really not enough.

I'm supposed to have a fill on 8/6ish, but not even sure if I should....because I am being successful right now. I've lost 26 lbs since 6/15 (and nothing before my surgery).

Hope you enjoy your journey here. I'm glad to have a lot of people on my friends list that are fellow banders. :)
  • kgirl74
    kgirl74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input! Yes depending on what I eat it is definitely more than the 4 oz or half cup that I was told to be doing. I lost 16 lbs preop and then 9 lbs my first dr's visit at 10 days after surgery. My fill is scheduled for Aug 21. Im so scared to overeat, Im not always hungry either to follow the diets like the Dr had given with eating 2 meals a day and doing protein shakes in between. I cant find enough time in the day to eat it all.

Its nice to have people to come on here and talk to. Adjusting to figuring out this community thing and trying to find the forums Im interested in.

Great job on the 26 lbs. Thats my other problem not stepping on the scale every day :)
  • rhondadwyer69
    rhondadwyer69 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! That is awesome!!! Keep up the GREAT JOB!!!! :smile:

I'm 2.5 months post op and weight loss has come to a real slow down - I'm eating more than I should at times and I know I am - but the old habits come creeping back in and some times I'm able to work through them and other times I give in - MFP has been a great help to see that others have successes and failures just like me and to see how they've dealt with all the ups and downs! Good Luck on your journey and you can request to be my friend if you want and we can support each other along this life change! :happy: