Question for all...

Options
Fruch02
Fruch02 Posts: 104 Member
how do y'all record your WOD on here for the exercise tab? Obviously every WOD is different day to day and there is no pre-made crossfit exercise choice.

Replies

• cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I've seen tons of people log with HRMs. I can't wait for the day I get mine, it seems to be the easiest and the most accurate way to log your calorie expenditure
  • FloEd
    FloEd Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar HRM last week so I've started tracking cals that way. I had been logging it as Circuit Training - General. Turns out, the cals estimated on MFP for circuit training are almost exactly the same as what the HRM shows.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm among the HRM users
  • rainbos
    rainbos Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just put a generic circuit or aerobic exercise, and its like 370 per workout. That way I dont eat away all those calories. I only keep track of incoming calories. I do NOT want to eat as if I worked out, you know? That keeps me within my calorie goal for the day and keeps me lean.
  • crashri
    crashri Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I use an HRM and I create a cross-fit WOD exercise. Once I started using that it matched my HRM and my times pretty much everytime, so if the WOD is long the calculated cals are close to my HRM. After a month of xfit, I have noticed that my calorie burn is coming down, as I am getting into better shape. The problem with the HRM is that it doesn't do a good job estimating calories for the heavier lifting, so it is biased toward the more aerobic WODS (running especially)
  • jillystjohn
    Options
    I've been using a fitbit and it devalues non cardio exercise but since I'm trying not to eat back my exercise calories I suppose it doesn't matter other than it's fun to see how many calories I burned.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    calisthenics vigorous effort
  • Talialala
    Talialala Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use HRM as well. I get around 700 calories burned. Thank goodness for my Polar FT40!