Introductions

Options

Replies

• Becky_Boop
    Becky_Boop Posts: 96
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm becky
    I was 164 when i left my last seminar a few weeks ago and although I have gained a few pounds back with going on holiday since I want to be Atleast 154 when I return in September! x
  • sarahcgood
    Options
    Hello...I start back to school (with students) on aug. 27. I am a exile needs preschool
    Teacher and it would be nice to have lost 10 lbs when I start back with them. Good luck to everyone!
  • sfarra111
    sfarra111 Posts: 2
    Options
    My name is Sherry. Today is my first day. I am a college professor and would like to lose about 50lbs. My main goal is to get more active. I also just completed my doctorate and this was the only picture on my computer. I will update it with a better one soon.
  • mtmom1012
    mtmom1012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm a middle school teacher, and I've had 2 kids in 2 years so the weight has poured on. I had my son in February, and while I'm close to my pre-pregnancy weight, I'd like to lose a lot more to return to the healthy weight I was in my 20s. I'm currently at 249, so I'm hoping to get to 239 by September (and then keep going!)

Of course, to make matters difficult for me, I'm on vacation out of state until August 9! But, I'm staying at my parents who eat pretty healthy, plus we're on a lake with lots of opportunity for activity.

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you guys!
    Katie
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am trying (want) to lose 10-15 pounds before Sept 1.

Height 5'9
    Weight 179-182 ----this is my average.

My first initial goal weight was 175. I reached that goal a couple months ago only to lose it again. My new goal is 165.
  • achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I am Allison, and will be starting school again (college junior) Sept 4. This summer has really gotten me off track with eating healthy! I do have an "Ultimate goal weight" of 130, so these 10 lbs will be a perfect start! I have been working on getting into shape for about a year and a half now and have found a new passion. I LOVE weight lifting. I may have only lost 5 lbs in that amount of time, but my body has drastically changed (hopefully all the added muscle will be helpful in boosting my metabolism to shed the rest of this weight!) My main goals before school starts is to clean up my eating habits (darn, living in a college town makes that difficult) and start leaning out while trying to maintain as much muscle tone as possible.

CW: 165.2
    GW:155!!!

Excited to do this!
  • vander7679
    vander7679 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Jen and I am a 31 year old middle school special education teacher. I started my weight loss journey (again) in March at 230 pounds. I currently weigh 198.8 pounds and my goal weight is 150 pounds. I'm looking forward to being part of this group and the encouragement that goes along with it. Feel free to friend me ;-)
  • caelicarlton12345
    Options
    Hi! I'm Caeli. I want to lose some fat before school starts in September. I also wouldn't mind gaining a bit of muscle since I like the toned look. I don't have a specific goal, but it'd be nice to get down to 110 lbs or lower. I'm 115 lbs right now and i'm only 5'3". My plan is basically to keep losing fat and getting more toned until i'm happy with how I look and feel comfortable with myself. I'll add anyone who wants to send my a request on here, so feel free to friend me. Good luck to everyone! :)
  • amandaschroeder
    amandaschroeder Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    My name's Amanda and I'm a 3rd grade teacher in Wisconsin. School starts for me on August 29th, students start September 4th. I am 5 feet tall and currently 165 pounds, my goal weight is 125-130 pounds. I think this 10 pound challenge is a good jump start for all of us to achieve our weight loss goals!
  • Bananauyuu
    Bananauyuu Posts: 10
    Options
    My name is Tina and I'm going to be in 10th grade when school starts again. :] I am about 5'2~4" (not sure ._.) and I would like to be under 120 pounds at least by the time school starts~
  • kelly1142
    kelly1142 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Kelly, and I'm a 39 year old teacher heading back to school on September 4th. just started using MFP a week ago!

Currently I'm 157 and would ultimately like to lose about 20 pounds, but I'm shooting for 10 before the school year starts.

I am a runner, which I try to do 4-5 days a week, and on the days I don't I try and do a cardio sculpt or circuit training, or head to the gym :)
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I have been on MFP since October. I have lost 35 lbs. and kind of hit both a mental and physical block so hopefully this will help. I mostly do different Walk Away the Pounds sessions. I am thinking of doing the 30 DS. I have 10 lbs til I am healthy and 20 pounds til I read my goal.
  • debbiexo
    debbiexo Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi! my name is Debbie, I am 20 years old and I go back to college in September 3rd I've lost 9 pounds but I still have to lose more weight. I'm 5.2
  • Synryo
    Synryo Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone

My name is Sydney, I just graduated from high school and will be starting college in New Zealand in February. I used to weight about 120, but sacrificed my health and my weight in order to become valedictorian of my graduating class. I'm 140 lbs now. Looking to get my awesome figure back so I can wow all the foreign hotties next year ;)
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi all :)

I'm Hannah, I'm 22 and I weigh somewhere around 250 lbs. I want to be down at least 10, if not more, by the time I start my MA Medieval Studies in September!
  • vswilliams
    vswilliams Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies (& fellas :p)!
    My name is Vannessa <3
    My highest weight was at 165 approx 5 months ago. It got to the point where I *needed* to make a change! Once my boyfriend got on board we have a great time going to the gym and shedding pounds! We have now each lost close to 24 lbs, have energy, feel better and the idea of fast food repulses us LOL!

I am starting to find that my "friends" make extremely poor choices in regards to their health. After losing weight and quitting smoking it is hard to relate with the people that I thought I had so much in common with...it would be amazing to surround myself with some positive support.

I am on MFP religiously and would love some motivation to lost the last 10 lbs!! Can't wait to get started :)
  • bewitched2982
    bewitched2982 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am a kindergarten teacher starting back to school on August 17th. I have no doubt I will not actually lose 10 pounds by then, but I definitely want to stay motivated and keep losing! I just recently started low carb at the recommendation of my nutritionist. It's not easy but it seems to be working so far...Feel free to add me, I need people who will keep me in check :)
    ~Samantha
  • skyshadowsed
    Options
    Hi EVERYONE! My name is Edna =)
    My highest weight was 190 back in January. I am happy to say i'm now 170 and have just started MFP a month ago. Even though i haven't lost weight, i've also been able to not gain any =). I feel like i haven't lost weight because of lack of motivation and also summer classes =(. But now that summer classes are over and i joined this amazing 10lb challenge i feel completely motivated to get to work! My school starts August 27th. I'll be doing 30 Day Shred starting tomorrow. Good luck to all of you! And i hope we all keep motivating each other and achieve our goal weight!
  • stephanie224
    Options
    hi everyone! i'm stephanie, i'm 23 years old, going to school for my masters, and currently sitting at 161 lbs. i've done a few of the jillian michaels dvd workouts in the past but gave up before ever going to level 2. i do have a goal weight of ~130 but right now my main goal is just to complete the jillian michaels body revolution dvd set and not give up when it gets tough! started phase 2 yesterday (right now my arms/shoulders are killing me). maybe when i'm done i will try insanity or p90x!!

i find that this website helps out a lot by connecting people with others who have similar weight loss goals. it's hard for me at home since my boyfriend and i used to eat out all of the time (mcdonald's and pizza hut were our faves) and although i've started watching what i eat, he hasn't. so i have to constantly watch him eating all of this fast food that i wish i could eat but can't. whenever this happens i usually log onto mfp and read some of the message boards for support.
  • kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I hope to lose 10lbs to get me back to where I was when I left school in May. Health issues and different home environment have helped me pack on a few pounds.

I'm going into my final year in the Education program and overall I'd love to hit my Goal Weight by my graduation in May 2013. 35lbs in 10 months seems doable.