Step up, Introduce yourself!

Options
tesanford
tesanford Posts: 2 Member
Just joined myfitnesspal 2 days ago. Currently in the middle of the Insanity workout, starting recovery week Monday. It's been a challenge, but I have powered through to this point. Beachbody coach recommended a higher caloric intake than I was enjoying, so I am here trying to keep track and make sure I feed my new healthy lifestlye. I had never heard of getting fat cause you didn't eat enough, but it's true. We put our body into survival mode and then when we do "splurge" our bodies just turn it all into fat. I am here to feed my body, ramp up my metabolism, and take back my body from all the low fat, low calorie mess that life feeds us.

I am no expert, but I have spent time doing the research. My advice (for what it is worth) feed your body (within limits), work/play hard, enjoy life...just like you did before life hit you between the eyes and the scales screamed at you.

Replies

• MEK1229
    MEK1229 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi ! I am on my second week of Insanity. Very excited to be taking this step in my life. I hope to lose the weight and feel strong. Getting healthy is my main goal and feeling better is important to me.
  • eriala
    eriala Posts: 1
    Options
    Today will be Day 3. It's INSANE! I feel better already and its only Day 3?
  • tesanford
    tesanford Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are you involved in any Beachbody forums? I am with Team Engage, hosted by CoachJason. Great support on the teambeachbody.com message boards.
  • stephinpitts
    Options
    Aug. 1st sounds like a good plan to me.

I will be skipping Tues & Thursdays workouts since I have karate classes on those evenings, and possibly Mondays as well. Hard to say because I can't always make it to Monday's classes, so Mondays will either be Insanity or karate.

edit: and by "skipping" I mean doing them on the following day. Eg, Tuesday is Wednesday's work out.

Hm, I'm going to have to set up a calendar for this to keep the work outs straight.
  • dmnagbe
    dmnagbe Posts: 4
    Options
    Just successfully completed the first month of Insanity! I feel very good about it cause I did it being over 200lbs while people half my size couldn't finish the first week! :) I agree with tesanford about the eating thing. I didn't lose anything for two weeks so I did some research and found out it was due to my lack of eating. This week I ate more and added 2 servings of whey protein. Immediate results! 2lbs gone in the first two days (no joke). Good luck to everyone and remember to "dig deeper"!! ;)
  • cjeane
    cjeane Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm officially starting Aug 1. Woo hoo!
  • shanighias
    shanighias Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I will start insanity next year currently I am doing JM Body revolution after that I will do p90 and p90x!
  • Janeyg49
    Janeyg49 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been on mfp for 15 day. I am currently on level 2 day 2 30 day shred and would like to do insanity after I have finished. I am loving the results I am seeing and wanr to continue keeping fit and healthy ;-)
  • MEK1229
    MEK1229 Posts: 2
    Options
    Getting ready to do Cardio Plyometric Circuit. Excited!!
  • justpush
    justpush Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey all! I started Insanity on Monday, July 23.....whew! Now THAT's a workout!
  • reisingmel
    reisingmel Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind if I join you crazy people :) Going to start by doing the fit test on my lunch break in a very windowed conference room with a coworker and getting psyched! Got my before pictures taken, which was so not pretty, but it just proved the point that I need drastic steps to get results. Anyone got tips on staying motivated once that feeling of wanting to die sets in?
  • BrittneyOD
    BrittneyOD Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just got insanity and will be doing the fit test tonight and starting tomorrow with my husband. We have been exercising at the gym and I've been doing zumba for about a year now....down 15# but looking to lose more, I'm hoping that insanity pushes me to the place where I need to be!
  • SergeantSklar
    SergeantSklar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My sister and I started Insanity last week and are now working into week 2. I must say I'm feeling more energized as I'm hitting some of the workouts for the 2nd time. Tonight it's Pure Cardio again. I was a sweat ball after that one last week!
  • SergeantSklar
    SergeantSklar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind if I join you crazy people :) Going to start by doing the fit test on my lunch break in a very windowed conference room with a coworker and getting psyched! Got my before pictures taken, which was so not pretty, but it just proved the point that I need drastic steps to get results. Anyone got tips on staying motivated once that feeling of wanting to die sets in?

What has helped me is to count during the individual exercises. Each one lasts around 30-45 seconds, so I slowly count up to thirty and it takes my mind off the feeling that it's never going to end!