Protein ?!

Options
Heyy everyone :)
I'm finding it really hard to have my 60-80g a protein a day :( do you guys have any tips or tricks to consume more protein ? If so please helpppp !!

Replies

• beckisues
    beckisues Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Nelly,

Are you doing protein shakes? The Premier Protein shakes have 30 gr of protein, if you can just get one of those down a day it helps a lot. I usually have mine mid morning but sometimes I have it in the afternoon too. They help a lot.

Hope this helps.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I keep Atkins shakes at work, and use GNC 100% pure protein whey shakes in the morning. It for sure helps!
  • cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    Options
    Bake some chicken and make yourself some serving size snack baggies. Freeze the individual portions. If you grab one in the morning it will thawed by lunch time. When in a rush, I also used the frozen precooked chicken strips from Tyson.

You'd be surprised how quick real meat and fish add to your protein count.
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    How about lowfat cottage cheese? One serving provides about 12 grams of protein.
  • ky_girl_34
    Options
    Lean Muscle Meal from GNC are really good.25 per bottle!
  • grisaille12
    Options
    I love the Syntrax Nectar shakes (My favorite is Fuzzy Navel - a peach flavor) because it gives you a lot of protein and no carbs !! :drinker:
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes or the super shots (hate the taste but it is a quick 26 protein shot).
    I liek Atkins RTD shakes, and the Syntrax Nectars.

Body_Fortress_Super_Fruit_Punch_Whey_Protein_Shot.jpg

nectargrabngo.1.jpg
  • actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do the premiere shakes for quick days, but most days I mix Body Fortress Protein Powder (Choc) with milk. It kills calories, but since the nutritionist wants me to intake so much milk in a day, as well as protein, it is my two for one! I usually do this as my breakfast.
  • phatdivabbw
    phatdivabbw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love the Syntrax Nectar shakes (My favorite is Fuzzy Navel - a peach flavor) because it gives you a lot of protein and no carbs !! :drinker:

I ORDERED THIS TODAY BECAUSE I'VE GROWN WEARY OF MILK BASED SHAKES!
  • reneemosley
    reneemosley Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I blend Chocolate or vanilla protein powder(I prefer designer whey) with almond milk and espresso shots for a change. If you blend it its like a dessert. You can also add flavorings like coconut extract or SF syrups.
  • simplysteff
    Options
    I make chicken salad with a can (7 oz meat after draining) chicken breast (thought it was gross before I had surgery), seasoning to taste, 2 tbl of mayo and 1/4 cottage cheese, a chopped up hard boiled egg, pickles and a little red onion. It is high protein and tastes pretty darn good! I was desperate because, I had to get protein in and cottage cheese alone was making me sick. This way you taste everything but, the cottage cheese and still add that extra protein bump. Comes out to about 105 cals and 15 grams of protein for 1/4 of the mixture (which is A LOT for my sleeve at 2 months out & usually takes a meal and snack to finish it all). I eat it on half a toasted whole wheat sandwich thin, with 2 flat bread crisps, over some salad greens or with cut up bell peppers to scoop it. It's under 200 cals no matter which way you choose.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Chobani 0% greek yogurt has 14 grams in a container. I usually can only eat 1/2 a container. I eat it for a morning snack and then the other 1/2 of the container for lunch. Have you tried edamame? The dried is good and with lots of protein.
    Good luck! I struggle with getting enough protein in also. I am only getting about 50 grams a day and should be getting 70-80 grams. I can only handle 4 oz of protein shake a day cause of the taste! Sometimes I will drink 8 oz a day of it but not very often.
  • SamanthaH10
    SamanthaH10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Those protein shots are garbage for sleevers. The protein in them is collagen and comes from animal skin and bones. It is not absorbed by our bodies. Whey protein is the best for us, but egg protein can work for those with a whey intolerance.

I usually start my day with a Click protein shake (YUMMY!) and 4 boiled egg whites, no yolk. Lunch is 4 oz of chicken breast and dinner is the other 4 oz of chicken breast with a protein shake post workout, usually the Syntrax Matrix 2.0 mint cookie. Typically, I get between 110-130g of protein a day with just that.

Add in some cheese, shrimp, fish, or cottage cheese for added protein throughout the day if you can tolerate it =)

Oh, also, mix protein shakes with milk or water for added protein! It's not a HUGE difference, but water provides zero protein while a good skim, soy, or almond milk will add 3-5g for you!